New and Curious pain...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

New and Curious pain...

Postby NeonISkies » 22 Apr 2012, 01:21

Alright so this one is a bit curious to me...
I've had my fissure for about 2 weeks now, i've got my diet under control and with miralax my stools are decently soft... Thanks to constipation bouts in the past starting this regiment was not to difficult for me...
Aside from the average anal fissure pain i have been getting, i am curious as to whether or not this new pain i am experiencing might be hemorrhoidal? Anyone else experience symptoms such as:
After bowel movement pain at fissure but also a deep dull stabbing pain within the rectum, as in at least a second to third knuckles length inside... sorry for the Un-appealing form of measurement but as most of us have used Vaseline at one point or another it would be a reference we all can probably associate with.
This pain also seems to happen after sex... after me and my lady had enjoyed a romp, i rolled over and laid back to relax when i suddenly felt this deep dull stabbing pain.
Is this a pain that could be associated with hemorrhoids or a sign of a possible internal tear? as i said this is deeper within the rectal canal, I'm curious as to whether the same razor-like stool i passed to receive my fissure at the sphincter could have also caused one within the canal. This is all groundless speculation on my part any ideas? is this just greater pain from the original injury? If so why would it feel so deep and away from the skin surface.
It seems to be getting worse as well, after my bowel movement 15 min. ago it still seems to be there, possibly throbbing lightly, however it feels more constant... but nevertheless it remains 15min later without signs of letting up... should i be alarmed? This is not the same pain i've experienced the past 2 weeks...
NeonISkies
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: New and Curious pain...

Postby jr2 » 22 Apr 2012, 10:42

This sounds like spasm pain, which is very common with a fissure. The internal anal sphincter spasms as a response to the presence of the fissure. The topical creams like nitroglycerin, nifedipine and diltiazem are prescribed to help relax this spasm. Heat can help too. Taking a hot bath after bowel movements or using a heating pad can provide some relief.
jr2

Topics: 15

Re: New and Curious pain...

Postby thisfissurecankissmybutt » 22 Apr 2012, 17:38

I agree with jr2. In my experience, this is exactly what a spasm feels like. The reason it feels so deep and away from the skin is because the muscle is beneath the skin and once it starts to spasm it can radiate all around. Sometimes I feel spasms in my left butt cheek and all the way around to my groin area on really bad days.
Hot baths can definitely help calm the spams down a bit. You may also want to ask you doctor about prescribing Valium, muscle relaxers, Nifedipine, etc., all of which can help with the spasms.
If you haven't been to a doctor yet, I highly recommend you go to see a colorectal surgeon (CRS) as soon as possible, not a family doctor or GI doctor. You definitely want someone that deals with fissures on a daily basis.
thisfissurecankissmybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8