The most relief in over a month!

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: The most relief in over a month!

Postby dntwrrybhppy » 07 Feb 2012, 14:06

Hi rasmith! I think it's great that you're wanting to become a vegetarian. It motivates me even more. Sometimes it's difficult like during holidays and family get togethers. I would start off by thinking about what foods you already eat that are vegetarian. Stick with those and begin to incorporate other foods into your diet. I am a big fan of potatoes and bell peppers in the morning, fruit smoothies, and there are veggie patties that taste just like sausage. Oatmeal is also an easy and healthy breakfast. I like the pre-packaged apple and cinnamon ones. PB&J is friendly. Spagetti with zuchinnis and olives is delicious. I've been obsessed with with pasta salad lately. It's so cheap and so good. I throw in some tomatoes and olives. Then there's the obvious fruits and veggies. A lot of veggies contain protein. I eat a handful of nuts everyday to get a little extra protein. Beans and avacados are a big part of my diet. I'm just beginning so I'm sure there are so many more vegetarian foods that you will enjoy. Everyday I try to learn something new and incorporate new nutritious foods into my diet. Now I get full faster and stay full longer and when I decide to overindulge on something I don't feel guilty. Good luck and happy eating! :D
dntwrrybhppy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby dntwrrybhppy » 07 Feb 2012, 14:09

Forks Over Knives is a great documentary! It's filled with tons of information and really opens up your eyes to how crazy the typical American diet is. Good suggestion jr2 Image
dntwrrybhppy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby jovidiva » 01 May 2012, 00:49

Oh, my Gosh. I finally had the surgery, and Doctor prescribed 2 benefiber chewables twice a day with full 8oz glass of water each time. Also 2x a day colace. Has worked wonders. Break down, have the surgery, so worth it now.
jovidiva