1 week post op update!!!!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

1 week post op update!!!!

Postby Ginniemac » 01 May 2012, 09:20

Hey guys
Well I'm a week post op now. It's flew!!! I had internal and external haemmeoroids removed , sentinel tag removed , polyps removed and my fissure stitched. I was really optimistic at first with the pain but think the I'V medication must av still been in my system as once it wore off I fellr pain. Not terrible pain. I'd say a 6/10 first couple of days and now at a 2/10 providing I've took my painkillers. Had an increase in bowel movements over the past week but think this is due to taking more fybogel and docusate to keep things soft. I'm going to taper down soon. I won't be coming off them completely though as been advised by my CRs to take these for life so I dont end up in that state again.
I just can't tell you the sheer delight I'm feeling in having no spasms after a BM. Well I was experiencing them pretty much permanently before surgery and they were really getting me down. That constant feeling like you need a BM really got me down. I got to the point were I'd go to work spend the whole day clenching and wishing for home time !!! The relieve now not having them is amazing!!! I think once my butt settles down after surgery I'm going to feel so much better and get my social life back!!!!
Just wondering from any if you who have had surgery how long did you bleed for. I'm still bleeding a bit. Not much to be concerned about. I'm sure it will settle down soon.
Thanks once again for this forum. Don't know how I would have got through the past few months without it!!!
Ginnie xxxx😘
Ginniemac
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: 1 week post op update!!!!

Postby Ginniemac » 01 May 2012, 09:22

Oh meat to ask too how much time did people have off work afterwards. I'm back to my gp Tom. The hospital recommended 3 weeks which I'm hoping I'll be ok by the end of.
Thanks x
Ginniemac
Fibre Addict

Postby 44alegna44 » 01 May 2012, 11:40

Hi Ginnie,
Ah, no spasms, every anal fissurer's dream come true Image ! So glad you've woken up from that nightmare :D !
With my recovery, I believe I saw some blood for the first 10 days. Very, very little on the wipe that I use to clean up after a bm. Never any in the bowl though. Since you have stitching, which I did as well, some spotting of blood could appear if a stitch breaks before it has had time to dissolve causing some bleeding. But imo, as of now, some blood is perfectly normal and could last a while longer.
I don't work outside the home, so I'm not sure what's the average amount of time that's recommended. I do remember seeing posts from others though and I think 3 weeks sounds about right.
Hoping you'll be good to go by then and so happy your feeling much better already Image
Best Wishes,
Angel Image
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby Ginniemac » 01 May 2012, 11:56

Thank you angel. I had a bit of blood in the bowl last night but as you say it may be from the stitches. Hopefully it will all settle down soon enough!!!
Thanks again xxxx
Ginniemac
Fibre Addict