How much time off from work?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

How much time off from work?

Postby sailorgal » 08 May 2012, 20:36

Hi guys,
So, I'm going in for my 2nd Botox injection next Monday and have arranged the week off from work. I hope 1 week is enough. What do you think?
I had botox with a fissurectomy (i had a super deep fissure with lots of infected scar tissue removed) back in january and had loads of pain, very slow recovery, needed 2 weeks off - and was only back to half days for another 2 weeks after that. I figure that was mostly bcz of the fissurectomy (my CRS warned me that i would hate her bcz she sliced and diced me). I had only originally prepared to take a week off at the time, but ended up needing a full 2 weeks.
Work wants to know a head of time how much total time I need off, bcz scheduling is a challenge, bcz I treat patients and those appointments need to be rescheduled/cancelled. last time was a nightmare, bcz i kept putting off my return day bcz i didn't realize how long it would take for me to feel well enough again to work/treat patients (i'm a physical therapist).
So, what do you guys think? I asked my CRS (a new one from the first one, i fired her) and he couldn't give me a concrete answer bcz everyone of course heals differently....
thanks for your input! wish me luck! :)
sailorgal
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8