fissure since 7 years... seems like this time its BAD BAD

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

fissure since 7 years... seems like this time its BAD BAD

Postby rubius » 09 May 2012, 12:00

have had fissure problem first in 2005 then off and on for almost 5yrs with a frequency of maybe once year... since sept 2011 its been with a frequency of once every 6 wks or so.
what happens is that i pass a hard stool not v bulky..the pain comes and sumtimes there's bleeding...and the muscle spasm. i immediately know its the"return".
i take some cremaffin(liq paraffin)and apply nitroglycerine 0.2% .... and in a wk things are fine for me. iv survived this long like this.
since past 2 times ie 2nd episode since march i v had v bad spasm.... took diclofenac .. then only the pain went again to return with next bowel movement.
1) can i just go on like this ie conservatively?
2) how risky is surgery if i dont know about th e surgeon?
3) will just a dilation work or i need a spinterectomy done given its a chronic condition?
rubius
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: fissure since 7 years... seems like this time its BAD BAD

Postby BillUltra » 09 May 2012, 20:50

My LIS was a complete success and not very painful. I had just reached the point that I was DONE with dealing with it, the pain was getting more and more each recurrence until it became almost unbearable. Plus I was eating so many Metamucil fiber wafers my teeth were rotting out and I was gaining weight.
If I hadn't been STUPID enough to listen to my doctors and get another colonoscopy, I would not be back dealing with this again.
BillUltra
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

DILAtaTION- lords or balloon dilatation

Postby rubius » 11 May 2012, 12:22

hi ,
planning on getting a dilatation done .... more so cause its a quiker procedure and post op is better manageable. (i have exams in a month)
any experiences as to which is a better procedure ......lord's or balloon dilatation?
rubius
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: fissure since 7 years... seems like this time its BAD BAD

Postby jr2 » 11 May 2012, 18:18

Balloon is controlled with far less risk and far better outcome for healing. Lords stretch has a high risk associated with it and gave dilatation a bad name. Do you have a doctor who performs the balloon procedure?
jr2

Topics: 15

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion