I DID IT

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

I DID IT

Postby Jenbug » 08 May 2012, 21:24

I finally found a surgeon I like and my surgery for my fistula is scheduled for next Monday. I should be nervous, but I think my general relief that this nightmare will be over in a matter of weeks overrides any anxiety I feel at the moment.
Jenbug
Salt Bather

Topics: 23

Re: I DID IT

Postby 44alegna44 » 09 May 2012, 15:59

Hi Jen,
No doubt, the relief supercedes nerves...at least for me that was the case. Image
Congratulations on your decision to move forward with surgery and gain back your life and sanity Image
Best Wishes,
Angel
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby jr2 » 13 May 2012, 17:52

Jenbug..
Wishing you all the very best for your surgery tomorrow!
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby Jenbug » 15 May 2012, 09:32

It went well, I had a very bad reaction to the anesthesia though and couldn't stop being sick until late in the night. Even water was coming back up, so the hope of keeping my painkiller down was nil.
Today the pain is almost unbearable and I'm wondering if this was the right thing to do..
Jenbug
Salt Bather

Postby Neen » 15 May 2012, 09:46

did you call your dr? maybe they can shoot you up until you can keep stuff down...you need those painmeds to get through the first day or 2 at least. Dont be afraid to call dr. Good luck!
Neen
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby 44alegna44 » 15 May 2012, 15:11

Yes Jen,
Glad to know the surgery went well Image I'm sorry about the bad reaction though..I hope you called the doctor already. You do need something that your system can tolerate to control the pain.

It will get better for you once the pain is managed....so please don't second guess yourself here. You will get better and relief will come Image
Best Wishes through your recovery and healing, Image
Angel
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby jr2 » 15 May 2012, 15:34

Jen,
I'm so sorry too about the anesthesia. I know how that feels as I have the same reaction to it. I hope it has passed now but if you're still having trouble with the nausea/vomiting, ask your doctor for a medication called Zofran , which is expensive in the brand name but there is a generic. It works really well.
I agree you need something for pain. If you can't take narcotics (I can't either), you might want to ask your doctor for Toradol. It's an anti inflammatory that you can only take for a few days, but it tends to work better on more severe pain than the other NSAIDS.
I hope the worst of all of this passes for you quickly.
All the best.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby Jenbug » 15 May 2012, 16:58

I was able to eat today and keep down that and all my vicodin. I feel a little off with my stomach, but nothing I cant handle. Around hour 3 of the vicodin the pain comes back with a vengeance. About how long will the swelling and pain stick around? The doc seemed to think 3 days before he did the surgery
Jenbug
Salt Bather