5 Weeks Post PBD with Skin Tag Removal

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

5 Weeks Post PBD with Skin Tag Removal

Postby BGAN » 23 May 2012, 10:48

Hi friends,
I know it's a day early, but I will be really busy tomorrow!
This past week has been really good. So far, each week has been better than the last.
I am healing really well down there. It appears as if new skin has formed over the entire site (which includes the fissure and the skin tag removal). Bleeding goes from none to just a bit on the TP. It's been several weeks since I saw any in the bowl! If I do see blood, it's not bright red, just a bit mixed in with the other stuff that needs to be wiped!
My diet is under really good control. I haven't changed it much since my 4 week post. I have been opening up my diet a bit, but slowly and always with extra water and fiber on those days. Still staying away from the obvious (pizza, burgers, wings, booze), but I will eat some fries of my wife's plate and will order a full meal (not just a salad) when we're out to eat. I have had sushi about 6 times since my surgery and I haven't had any issue with it. I get maki rolls and nigiri pieces too!
I have reduced my sitz baths down to 2 times a day. Like clockwork, I have a BM each morning and I follow that with a 20 min bath and then shower. I will usually have another bath when I get home from work. It's hard to find time for that third bath.
I am still not running yet. I am fine with that at this point. I have been doing some increased walking though and that's feeling fine, so I feel like running is right around the corner. It's a lot of movement back there when you run, so I just want to make sure I am 100 percent or very close to that before I run again.
The pain has been almost at a zero this past week. I did have one day (I think Monday) where I had a bit of swelling right near my site. My wife could see it. I took a few 800 mg Ibuprofen throughout the day and it has completely subsided. Not sure what that was all about, but it's gone now and didn't cause any real issue. I also used some neosporin. That stuff has been great, imo.
So, I think that covers everything. I'm taking this one day at a time and sticking to my diet!
BGAN
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Re: 5 Weeks Post PBD with Skin Tag Removal

Postby marinboy » 23 May 2012, 13:05

BGAN,
Glad to hear you are doing so well. Sounds like you are healing up nicely. Sushi? Very jealous!
marinboy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby BGAN » 23 May 2012, 13:08

Thanks Marin. Yes, the sushi is the one meal that I don't have any worries about. When people want to go out to eat, I have been quickly volunteering sushi. :D
BGAN
Salt Bather

Postby BGAN » 23 May 2012, 13:16

So I just got my bill today and here is the costs:
Total: $10, 950
After Insurance: $3, 000
Not as bad as I had imagined. It was originally estimated to be about $5,000.
BGAN
Salt Bather

Postby 44alegna44 » 23 May 2012, 15:45

bgan,
Great, Great News Image I'm just so happy that, so far, this procedure seems to be a successful one Image Extremely encouraging to anyone considering this "new route" as an alternative to surgery :D
Seems like life is resuming almost fully "back to normal"...congratulations and best wishes for continued and full healing Image
Angel Image
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby jr2 » 23 May 2012, 18:27

BGAN
More awesome news from you!!! Image
I'm so so happy to hear that things continue to improve and really grateful that you continue to post updates on your progress. It really is helpful. Thank you too for sharing the cost involved. That also really helps!
Looking forward to your next update!
jr2

Topics: 15

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?