Bummed out....5 weeks post op fissurectomy/LIS meltdown

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Bummed out....5 weeks post op fissurectomy/LIS meltdown

Postby Neen » 22 May 2012, 11:58

I am 5 weeks post op and am tired of pooping 4 or 5 times a day. I feel like i am back at week 3 trying to figure out all the diet and pooping combos. I am exhausted, I dont want to eat (but I am)...I feel like this is never going to make sense. I was supposed to drive from here (florida) to Pennsylvania next week to stay and visit with my mum for 4 weeks. I really cant see putting myself in a car and not knowing when I will need to go ...for me at least, my bm's sneak up on me...I usually have 2 in the morning and then it's russian roulette for the rest of the day. I just went for the third time, took my bath and cried and cried. It's not the surgery site that hurts per se, its from overuse. I feel like I am getting anxious again and i don't want to start with panic attacks again. that being said, I still feel I have been blessed with a really good recovery from the surgery, I just can't seem to figure things out. Any suggestions, comments would be very much appreciated and I wish everyone nothing but good health and a sunny disposition!
Neen
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Bummed out....5 weeks post op fissurectomy/LIS meltdown

Postby Emm123 » 22 May 2012, 17:14

Hi Neen I'm new here. I'm still learning from all the guys here but you're in good hands. Hope the rest of the guys come and cheer u up to.
I myself had the same recently. I'm on my 4th week.
Somedays I just wonder when the pain will go. I have about 2 BMs a day but what I have to do are sitz baths as well. Did u have to do those? Are you on any stool softeners? Are you eating on time etc?
You also need to check out some of the posts here like on insoluble vs soluble fiber. If u are eating too much insoluble fiber and not enough water that might be worse as it bulks the stool, but that's the thing. We are all different so what might work for you won't for me etc.
Just hang in there. Believe me just yesterday I was feeling so horrible and today I had little pain. Thank God I really don't know where else the discomfort went.!
We all have these ups an downs. Just try to be positive alright? Stress is a big role in things so watch out. I remember Bill suggested we check out Valium.
Emm123
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Neen » 22 May 2012, 18:52

Thanks Emm for the support, been a bummer of a day. Yes, I am doing stool softeners and miralax...my problem is that bread(whole grain) and brown rice are too bulky for me...so I am really limited to whole grain cheerios and fruit for breakfast, fruit and soup for lunch, graham crackers for snacks, more fruit and baked sweet pot. for dinner...tons of water and other liquids...last week was a good week, then I dont know what happened. at any rate I called my mum a little while ago and cried (again) and told her I need to postpone my trip. Of course she is worried and I told her my body just needs to find the right combo...it felt good to cry for a bit and just let myself let it all out. I hope you are on the right track for good. I only want everyone to feel better and live a normal life...thanks again for caring...big hugs! Image
Neen
Salt Bather

Postby Emm123 » 23 May 2012, 12:44

Same here! Now I'm a lil worried as next week will be my fifth week hehe. Today for me is alright though. Just try to figure out what works for you and stick to it. Try to throw around the mix though, like find a few things that work really well and use it so it won't be the same boring food daily. Like I'm getting fed up of oatmeal so I started adding bran flakes etc.
If you have anyway you can talk to someone who is knowledgeable on this (I mean we are cool too but I mean in person) it helps a lot! Well for me it does. I tend to worry my poor mum too. So that they can coach you in a way. But be careful to not go against the Dr orders ever. Hope you have a good one.
And yes crying does help. Just force the stress away from you. God willing I hope you start to see brighter days :-)
Emm123
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Neen » 23 May 2012, 15:14

Thanks Emm...today has been much better...only went once, smooth and lovely. I started drinking Ensure again today as I feel weak and worn out. I had half with breakfast and will have the rest tonite. I also figured out...the 20+ grams of fiber per day are per 2,000 calories. I have been at about 1,000 or less and it is suggested 14 grams per 1,000. sooo, i guess I was totally overdoing the fiber for the amt i have been eating.
It gives me hope to have been given the wisdom to see this as I have been praying for a way to figure this all out. Don't jinx yourself for the 5 week part...I really think now that my issues have been from too much fiber! keep on trucking and doing what you have been doing...stay smooth as silk! Image
Neen
Salt Bather

Postby happyass » 23 May 2012, 18:17

neen,
after reading your initial post, i thought you were taking in too much fiber between supplements/OTC laxatives and food!
also, if you worry, sometimes this can have the same effect on your tummy.
i hope you feel better 'cause i would love for you to get your plans back on track to visit your mom. breakdown your drive a bit more over days and take some diapers with you! it could be a trip of a lifetime that you will never forget!
the ensure, since it has dairy ingredients and other syrups, could possibly help you firm up your bms.
take it easy.
and go see your mom :-)
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby jr2 » 23 May 2012, 18:19

Neen,
I'm so glad you're having a better day. I have the same problem with multiple trips to the bathroom every day, and I can say that cutting back on fiber, particularly insoluble fiber does help with that (but it seems you're discovering that already).
I hope the improvements and healing continue on and on and on and you are feeling better soon soon soon...
jr2

Topics: 15