8 Weeks Post PBD With Skin Tag Removal-- "Healed"

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

8 Weeks Post PBD With Skin Tag Removal-- "Healed"

Postby BGAN » 13 Jun 2012, 07:36

Hello friends,
Saw my CRS today for my second and what he called a "final post op visit."
CRS said that I am fully healed from my one fissure and one skin tag excision.
I am very excited. I haven't had bleeding for about 3-4 weeks now. As many of you know, that was my biggest problem. Daily bleeding with occasional clots in the bowl. I also had a really large skin tag.
Of course, there is always a chance of recurrence, especially at the fissure site. CRS said that is b/c the new skin will never be as strong as the original.
He did an internal exam. That was my first. Not sure what he inserted in me (not many times I can type that phrase with a straight face), but it wasn't very comfortable. He looked around and said no inflammation and no other fissures.
Doctor told me to give the Colace a little more time and then consider quitting. He encouraged fiber and water, of course. Told me I could go back to my regular diet. Not sure I am totally ready to go back. I went to a burger place with some friends on Monday and couldn't bring myself to get a burger. I got a salad ("Just a salad?"). Anyways, I will get back to those days in time.
So, with that, I hope my story comes to a close. I will remain cautiously optimistic and very caring to myself.
I am going to stop doing my weekly updates here, but I am still here for everyone.
If you want to talk, please send a message or reply to the post. I have this hooked up to my primary email, so sending a message/reply here is as effective as emailing me.
Have a nice day everyone.
BGAN
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Re: 8 Weeks Post PBD With Skin Tag Removal-- "Healed"

Postby 44alegna44 » 13 Jun 2012, 09:21

Hey You
I'm bursting with happiness and have a Hugh smile on my face right now.....mega congratulations to you, my friend Image
You done good...I'm really, truly elated by this news...you made my day. You were the "ground-breaker" here, I believe, for this procedure, and have opened up a new door for the people who will unfortunately have to enter here for support, information, options and experiences. Your diary will be a source of inspiration and encouragement...and may lead others
to consider this as an alternative to lis, which just scares the hell out of
so many...leaving them to suffer much longer than they need to.
I wish you all the best as you continue to resume your life again, finally pain--free Image
Thanks again for sharing your inspiring journey with us all Image
Angel Image

44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby jr2 » 13 Jun 2012, 09:43

BGAN,
Wooooohoooooo!!!!
I am so thrilled to hear your healing news!!!! This is so awesome. I think you are very smart to continue being careful with your diet and routine.
Thank you so much for bringing your story here to give others hope and encouragement, and information about an effective and safe alternative to LIS. More options are always better than less options!
Congratulations on feeling better, and also thank you so much for being open to answering my questions too. You've been extremely kind and supportive and I am so grateful.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby BGAN » 13 Jun 2012, 09:51

Thank you JR and Angel. Both you have been such great connections to have here. As both of you are aware, it was a long healing process. With many ups and downs in the healing, this board has been a constant source of support and advice.
BGAN
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Postby Fissulyna » 13 Jun 2012, 12:56

THAT IS JUST FANTASTIC !!!!! Image
MAY YOU STAY HEALED FOREVER AND EVER !!!!!! Image
I COMPLETELY agree with your plan (and not your doctor's LOL ; ), I have no idea what was he thinking ???) - STAY on that healthy diet and make sure your poop is ALWAYS nice and "kind" to your butty Image Yes, you will be able to have burger in time - but NOT now , even doctor himself confirmed that that new skin will not be as strong as original one.
You are very wise man Image and I am sure you will do just GREAT !!!!! Enjoy your new freedom full force now Image YYYEEEEEEAAAYYYY !!!!!! : )))))))
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby workingonit » 13 Jun 2012, 18:44

Fabulous news!
Congrats!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?