Sudocrem is the answer!!

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Sudocrem is the answer!!

Postby kelz629 » 16 Jun 2012, 18:30

Hi,
I'm new to this and vowed that once I had gotten past my experience of passing glass that I would share what worked for me and what didn't work.
I randomly got an anal fissure out of nowhere and I'm 20 years old so I was surprised to be having issues in that department Image For 3 weeks blood, sweat and tears went in to each BM! I spent nearly Ј20 on over the counter products such as anusol and dulcolease, warm water enemas etc which were all just a waste of time. I also spent a further Ј15 for my prescription from the doctor. I was prescribed a bulk forming laxative (which I did not attempt to use) and something I think was named prodestyl(?) some kind of steroid ointment; both of which were completely useless and near enough infuriated me that it did nothing after hoping, wishing and spending the money. And all that stuff about fibre and drinking water wasn't going to heal me there and then, and I was in pain in the moment.
I then read somewhere around that someone had used sudocrem on their fissure. I had thought about it before but read on the side of the tub that it was for external use only so I disregarded it. But I then gave it a go (what did I have to lose at this point) and it worked wonders. There was no irritation or anything, so don't be afraid to push it right in there (TMI)! I put some on after a bowel movement or just a few times a day and some overnight and within 3/4 days I was healed completely. To make sure it didn't reopen the fissure, I actually tried to hold off from doing a BM for about 2/3 days, which actually worked but was hard! I strongly recommend it; it seems from reading around that doctors don't really know what to prescribe, so take matters into your own hands. I spent about Ј30 on foolishness when I had the cure lying around my house the whole time! Give it a go and you will more than likely feel about 20% healed overnight.
Sorry it's so long, Good luck! x
kelz629

Topics: 1

Re: Sudocrem is the answer!!

Postby Ever the Optimist » 17 Jun 2012, 03:26

Also agree that Sudocrem is really helpful in generally soothing the area. Not tried it internally but does provide relief generally. I find pure aloe has the same effect and sometimes anusol but try to alternate the creams a bit or stop using them for a while, so my bum doesn't become too accustomed to using them. Unfortunately, think my fissure is a bit more chronic than yours Kelz, so recovery is going to maybe take a bit longer! Good luck with it and may the healing continue for you! I also agree that holding off on the BM has to help but personally, tend to go up to 3 times a day and just don't feel that would be the way forward for me. I'd be too scared about what comes out eventually!!! and what effect that would have....
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Re: Sudocrem is the answer!!

Postby whatwhat » 17 Jun 2012, 15:34

Thats so good that you found something that works for you :) I hope it stays that way for you.
I too would be scared of holding off for 3 days, in fact I think I would be in pain and then when I did go it would probably be scary Image
whatwhat
Salt Bather

Topics: 7