I think this actually works?!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

I think this actually works?!

Postby dexlex1 » 21 Jun 2012, 04:36

Hi Guys
I know there have been a number of posts and threads before about Manuka Honey but I wanted to share my experience.
I have been using Manuka Honey for about 1 week now. I have seen a marked improvement in my pain levels. I should point out that I have had an Advancement Flap approximately 6 weeks ago but have really struggled with healing since then. Obviously I appreciate that the healing may be a coincidence of using Manuka Honey and may have been healing itself since my operation, but I thought I should post in case any of you wished to try it too.
I have been using Instillagel before a bowel movement for over a month now and this hasn't stopped the muscle spasms. However, since using the Manuka Honey the spasms have almost disappeared.
I use the honey once a day and apply it liberally to the inside, around the fissure area, before I go to bed to allow it a few hours to work overnight. I then use Instillagel (Lidocaine) in the morning before I use the toilet. Be prepared that it does squelch around a little - but that's the reason that I use it on a night - it doesn't affect your day and you can wipe of the excess and bathe in the morning.
I really do think that it has helped. Maybe its a bit of placebo effect, I'm not sure. But it might be worth others trying?
Good luck to anyone suffering from this awful awful thing. It really can take over your life. I am crossing my fingers for more good days like the last few I have had and hopefully I might be on my way to recovering fully.
best of luck everyone :D
dexlex1
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8