Aloe vera capsules

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Aloe vera capsules

Postby whatwhat » 14 Jun 2012, 05:39

Have seen some of you discuss Aloe Vera Juice for AF's but I am wondering how useful Aloe Vera Capsules may be.
I picked some up yesterday from Boots and thought they were worth a try (they were only cheap) and I don't think I can stomach swallowing the liquid form!
Has anyone tried these?
whatwhat
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Aloe vera capsules

Postby Sue27uk » 22 Jun 2012, 10:07

I have tried the aloe vera capsules but it had a rather disastrous effect on me! It is a natural laxative and for those with IBS I would not recommend! I did however break open the capsules, add it to hot water and make a cup of tea which wasn't so bad. Not the nicest taste in the world I'll be honest (though not horrendous either - I drink herbal teas to help IBS so maybe my tolerance level has increased!!!). Aloe vera gel is also very good to apply directly on the fissure site :D
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Postby whatwhat » 25 Jun 2012, 10:00

Hi Sue,
I have been taking them for a couple of weeks now and luckily no laxative effects yet for me - I dont know if they actually make any difference but thought it worth a go!
I have some AV gel, I may give that a bash on the old bum. Image
I am such a wuss with stuff that tastes horrible I dont think I could spike my tea, but then if it helped I would try anything I think!
Which herbal tea do you take for IBS?
whatwhat
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Sue27uk » 25 Jun 2012, 10:25

Aloe Vera gel helped me, it stung at first but then made it alot better. I have peppermint tea for my IBS which is not too bad to be honest. I also have camomile in the morning and at night, which isn't so nice!!! But its meant to be good for getting rid of stress and tiredness and for relaxing muscles (I tried it as read its meant to be good for muscle spasms). :D
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21