LIS end of April, possible re-tear this week

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LIS end of April, possible re-tear this week

Postby MelissaB » 28 Jun 2012, 21:33

:(
A quick run down of my story... I had LIS the end of April and had a horrid first week. I don't know how some of you made it pain free. I do have a GREAT CRS, one of the best in the area.
I thought everything was going well. No painful BM's, been keeping with my Fiber routine. Then this week, I felt a SMALL bit of pain and had a little bit of blood on the wipe. Then today, I had a BM with a SMALL bit of pain but had a LOT of blood on the wipe. Image
I guess I will call my CRS tomorrow. I'm so frustrated. I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE TO DO A REPEAT LIS. Image
I'm so frustrated.
MelissaB
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Re: LIS end of April, possible re-tear this week

Postby MelissaB » 28 Jun 2012, 21:36

ps - Nope, not even constipated. I haven't even returned to a "normal" BM yet. Image
MelissaB
Salt Bather

Postby Tori-tore » 28 Jun 2012, 21:54

Hey Melissa,
what sort of pain did you have pre-LIS? I had LIS mid-April and before surgery was in pain all day every day. Post LIS the first week was really painful but then started feeling much better until about week 5, when the same thing you describe happened to me. Pain only with BM but not a lot of pain, just a raw stinging feeling, and a bit of blood on the TP. This lasted a few weeks, until for some unknown reason my stools got pretty loose. Then it gradually stopped happening. My surgeon was away for six weeks, so I saw him last week and he checked me out and said the fissure and incision had healed, it was just a couple of tiny 'cracks' causing the pain. He said it can be quite normal for many people and not to worry it doesn't mean the fissure is coming back. I think it is because the first part of my stool is often slightly dry and hard even if the rest is fine.
But my anxiety level definitely skyrocketed when it started happening to me, and it really put my mind at rest when I finally got to see my surgeon, so hopefully you can get hold of your CRS and get some answers. But don't worry, it might not turn out to be as bad as it seems! As long as you don't have that all day pain, things are ok :) good luck!
Tori-tore
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby MelissaB » 29 Jun 2012, 09:28

Tori, before my LIS i was in excruciating pain! It was awful. This is NO WHERE near that. It's more of a "you've got to be kidding me" type pain. To those of us that have had fissures we probably wouldn't have even noticed it pre-LIS days.
I had my LIS the last week of April and this happened this week.
MelissaB
Salt Bather

Postby Tori-tore » 29 Jun 2012, 13:52

keep us posted - let us know what the Crs thinks, and try not to worry too much, at least it's not as bad as it was :) that's something good!
Tori-tore
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2