Introducing Myself! Botox injection/fissure sufferer!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Introducing Myself! Botox injection/fissure sufferer!

Postby ChrisM » 20 Jul 2012, 06:26

Hi Everyone,
Really feel for anyone who has what I've got!
OK so the whole problem started 4 months ago now with 'Chronic Tonsillitis'. After having that for a month I started developing these strange digestive problems such as excess gas, belching, gurgling in my stomach, rock hard stools, inability to digest foods, weird taste in my mouth and finally - a fissure. I think the fissure (and maybe the tonsillitis) was caused by either something I digested that I shouldn't of done such as plastic particles (I customise toys), toxic putty or the long list of anti-biotics they gave me to try and get rid of the tonsillitis.
Anyways after having many tests done such as colonoscopy, endoscopy, CT scan, Ultra Sounds and many blood tests, the docs have found nothing of note wrong. I finally went to see a CRS (the surgeon?) who told me that I had what appeared to be a fissure and that I had 3 options,
1. Anoheal Cream
2. Botox injections
3. Surgery
I didd't have much pain with the fissure just the inability to pass gas really which is the worst thing ever! and a dull ache aside from the excess buildup of gass round my anus. He said that we should try the cream whilst waiting for the Botox apt. Anyway, luckily for me (I Guess!) I had the Botox injections within a week, the cream did nothing. So here I am 1 day after the Botox injections, they removed a haemorrhoid, skin tag and injected the botox. So far I am in AGONY. The injections seem to have had the reverse effect as I am still having trouble gassing, had no stools as yet and my Sphincter feels like its locked up.
I wanted to talk to people that have experienced similar problems hence my post. I will keep you all updated but would be grateful of any advise people can give about the botox and how long it should take to work.
Thanks
Chris
ChrisM
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Introducing Myself! Botox injection/fissure sufferer!

Postby Wiltsman » 11 Oct 2013, 20:50

Well I have to say that I def feel that my two rounds of Botox def made things worse. Never again.
Wiltsman
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Introducing Myself! Botox injection/fissure sufferer!

Postby vdb324 » 11 Oct 2013, 21:03

I am in a similar boat as you. I just had Botox this week, along with a skin tag removed. So far, the Percocet has helped with pain, and I take it three times a day. When I get to the eight hour mark, I do feel a little soreness/tenderness and then I take another dose.
I'm on day two post-surgery. The first day and and a half, I felt really constipated and also had a similar feeling. I think maybe it was because I was on a liquid diet the day and a half before and had nothing in my system. Plus, they say the painkillers can cause some constipation, as well. Today, I was able to have a BM, but I have been taking a lot of Miralax and docusate sodium. Interested in seeing how day three goes, seeing things seem to be moving along again. The skin tag seems to be the more painful part, and my doctor advised me of this. He said 5 days off from work and 7-10 days of pain from that alone. The injection alone should have had me back at work the day after surgery, he said, but the skin tag removal changes things. Keep us updated in how your recovery is going.
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
July 2013 - Diagnosed AF;nifidepine lidocaine treatment
Oct. 2013 - 1st round of Botox & skin tag removal
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
March 2014 - Spinchterotomy
June 2015 - Diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction/Vulvodynia
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 52