A strange find 3 weeks post op LIS, fissurectomy

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

A strange find 3 weeks post op LIS, fissurectomy

Postby Sarah J » 12 Jul 2012, 15:22

After having 2 good days this week, I had a firmer stool, not bad but firmer than the past 2 days. I am in pain again but I have found out the pain source after examining myself. I was putting on the cream that was prescribed and felt something that seemed different and strange. After examining the spot, I found a long thread about 2-3 inches long coming from my bottom. I am not sure where it came from and am a little embarrassed thinking it accidentally got in there somehow. :oops: I wondered if I accidentally ate some string but think that it would have come all the way out and not get stuck in there. Image I called the nurse who only suggested it may be the stitches but the texture is like a string, not fishing line, so I don't think it can be. I have pulled on it, but it just brings more pain when I do. I have set up an appointment for next week but I hate to go in thinking that it may be very normal. It's crazy that the nurse just can't ask the doctor or that I can't talk over the phone with my doctor. I hate to have to spend my time going in for something that may have been explained over the phone. My bottom just keeps bringing me more trouble!!! Image Has anyone had anything like this before? Any ideas what could have happened and why it took so long to show up? Image
Sarah J
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: A strange find 3 weeks post op LIS, fissurectomy

Postby andyk123 » 18 Jul 2012, 13:16

how strange. im sorry i have no idea what that could be, just wondering if you saw your doc about it?
andyk123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Sarah J » 18 Jul 2012, 19:20

Yes, I thought 'tis strange as well. I am going to the dr. tomorrow afternoon so we'll see what it is then, hopefully.
Sarah J
Fibre Addict

Postby Kat » 19 Jul 2012, 23:47

I am four weeks post surgery today. I had my post surgery doctor's appointment yesterday.
My stitches, which were supposed to be dissolvable stitches, were still there yesterday and the doctor said that while it was common for the knot to the stich to still be there that long after, he said it was unusual that the stitches themselves should still be there four weeks later. He was initially going to take to the stitiches with a blade but then he just tugged on them and they pulled out quite readily.
It was a strange sensation when he pulled, it didn't quite hurt but it felt a little uncomfortable as he pulled. The whole area was quite sore after him poking around to make sure I was all healed but today I am all good again.
Kat
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby Sarah J » 20 Jul 2012, 07:59

I never did go to the doctor yesterday because the string came off on its own which leads me to believe that it was part of the stitching and had come out during a firmer BM. There is still a tinge of pain, with harder stools being worse than the looser ones. I feel much better but am wondering how long before the little bit of pain stays around. Image
Sarah J
Fibre Addict