Tomorrow is my fissure op at my 36

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Tomorrow is my fissure op at my 36

Postby fisure_35 » 31 Jul 2012, 20:33

I am a silent reader in this forum. Eventually inspired enough (especially from Davo's diary) and decided to go for LIS surgery. Tomorrow is my surgery date. Just to give background of my case if it can benefit someone to decide to go for surgery.
I am of Indian descendent, living in US for 15 years. Got caught up in Indian food vs western food :). Well summary is I had this fissure for 2 years now, troubles me atleast once in two weeks. Any small constipation creates problem for me, finally I am fed up and decided to go for LIS surgery. I will post more from post op experience, if I can eat everything again that I have been avoiding :)
fisure_35
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Back from my lis

Postby fisure_35 » 01 Aug 2012, 15:50

Just came back home after my lis is done. I still don't feel the pain yet. But my doc said for my age group (36 male) I should heal nicely. For now I don't know much what to do, my plan is to lie down for 2days and watch netflix. One thing is that I feel some pressure down there not sure it's BM or gas. It's too soon for both I have not eaten anything since last night.
I was given pain medication, I am going to eat something and take the medication. Let's see how my night goes by.
fisure_35
Fibre Addict

Re: Tomorrow is my fissure op at my 36

Postby dan2012 » 01 Aug 2012, 17:35

Hello fisure, Congratulations for the successful surgery! I'm glad to hear that you are feeling well with no pain, hopefully it will remain this way while you have a great time watching Netflix ;-)
dan2012
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Postby thisfissurecankissmybutt » 01 Aug 2012, 20:42

fisure_35:
Congratulations on your surgery! Well done! Keep us updated on your progress.
thisfissurecankissmybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby Sue27uk » 02 Aug 2012, 03:26

Well done! Hope this means you will be all sorted out now :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Postby Strangeworldaf » 02 Aug 2012, 07:48

Fissure_35... Which city did u do your LIS? How are you feeling now. I am originally from India but settled here in US.
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

2nd day

Postby fisure_35 » 02 Aug 2012, 12:43

My 2nd day post
I was able to pee lat night with some difficulty, now I am fluent though.
I did not get my morning BM, butafter my breakfast, I drank lots of water and took my morning dose of pain killer. In few minutes my first BM came, little painful but not bad. I took sit bath right after, sit lot better now. Feeling bored resting so walking around the house :) May be my pain killer helping me, but the only thing I feel is the stiches down there. For now I am sticking to veg diet, with two stool softners.
I live in northen Virginia, went to fair fax for my LIS
fisure_35
Fibre Addict

Postby Strangeworldaf » 02 Aug 2012, 13:00

Based on other posts you should feel better in a day or two and , for next few weeks please don't eat spicy food and slowly introduce spicy food.
I do live partly in sterling and rest in Texas and at one point I was planning on getting LIS done in fair fax clinic but due to my work I decided to wait and treat this while I am in Texas.
Keep us posted and I am sure our prayers are with you and may you heal very soon and back to normal life soon.
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby fisure_35 » 02 Aug 2012, 14:17

Fairfax clinic is pretty good. I did not feel a thing all taken care very nicely.
I gave spice food 2 years ago since then I had fissure. What was frustrating during fissure time is, even little constipation was leading to spasm and taking away days from life. Hopefully LIS will fix all that. For me Buffalo chicken wings is a real test, to me it created issues most of times. Will test in few days. :)
Thanks for your support and prayers.
fisure_35
Fibre Addict

3rd day

Postby fisure_35 » 03 Aug 2012, 11:00

I tried having BM in the morning before taking pain killer. As expected was painful, more than pain is the fear in mind and relaxing the muscle was challenging. Anyway i did it, eventually took the pain killer around 11 am. From tomorrow I will be switching to Tylenol. For now biggest challenge is during and after BM.
fisure_35
Fibre Addict