Tomorrow is my fissure op at my 36

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Tomorrow is my fissure op at my 36

Postby Strangeworldaf » 10 Aug 2012, 21:40

Usually when fissure heals it leaves a skin tag on it.....and this could be very well that... Don't worry too much. It's possibly that. What is the location for that lump....and is it like red color skin lump sticky out?
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby Strangeworldaf » 13 Aug 2012, 10:09

How are you feeling?
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby CJazzy » 13 Aug 2012, 20:02

my doc said he cauterized both the fissure and whatever incision he made to cut and weaken the muscle for the fissurectomy, my pain happens after every bowel movement but over the last few days the pain hasn't lasted for as long as the first few after the procedure.
For me, it ain't the erection that hurts its during the 'after part' of the erection that hurts as it pulsates the area.
I think you should take 2 or 3 salt baths a day it has helped me for sure if you haven't already. I'm on day 13 and I'm only now stopping the pain killers and I still have discharge...
Hope your doing well!
CJazzy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby CJazzy » 13 Aug 2012, 20:11

Also, believe it or not some people have dealt with their skin tags by banding it themselves, however I wouldn't suggest this as it is too soon after the procedure to tell, it could be an entry hole or a small temporary hemmeroid, the veins in the rectum area run vertical and some times there may be some pooling (as my doc says), it is temporary, however should it remain there for longer than a month or causes you discomfort i'd get it checked out, but for now don't worry about it too much. May as well take it day by day everyone seems to say it takes 6-8 weeks to fully heal, I'm off work for the whole month of august just in case.
I never got the burning sensation during bm, maybe a slight one but nothing more than eating spicy food. My pain is different it's an extreme pressure that onsets right after i'm done bm'ing and lasts for either 30 seconds, sometimes a few hours.
CJazzy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

15th day

Postby fisure_35 » 15 Aug 2012, 18:06

Thank you for your support so far on this. This forum is the best compared to all other negative forums out there. I woudn't have done my surgery without help of this forum.
Now coming to my story, the little red color thing on the left side, is almost gone now. I also visited my CRS, she said it is not skin tag thats where the incision was. She said I everything looks great and all normal healing nicely.
On my 15th day, I feel great. No pain or nothing at all. Indeed I started my full blown work starting from yesterday and almost forgot I had the LIS done. My doc advised the same thing, "Stop thinking about your butt". I only take 1 stool softner a day and 1 sit bath. But still stiking to vegetarian diet. Per Doc, do this for two more weeks and after that stop everything. After that she wants me to try any food that I was always afraid of :)
Anyway, looking at my posts few days back vs how I feel today its amazing. I did not think I will get better at all :), but I am glad I am recovering well. From the day 1, I did not have any leakage of stool or blood in the bowl etc. Could be because I had stiches compared to others who don't. I will post another posting on the overall mental status pre-during-post LIS that I went through, might help someone who is thinking of going for LIS. Thank you all.
fisure_35
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Strangeworldaf » 19 Aug 2012, 07:50

What was diet? Do you take stool softners. What was pre surgery diet and post surgery diet?
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby fisure_35 » 19 Aug 2012, 12:43

My general pre op diet was, cornflake bf, sandwich with any meat lunch, veg dinner. The only change now is, lunch is some veg with rice. I am hoping to go back to old diet and stop softener from tomorrow.
fisure_35
Fibre Addict

Postby Strangeworldaf » 19 Aug 2012, 13:26

Thanks Fissure36, also what type of stool softener were you taking? and how many times?
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby fisure_35 » 23 Aug 2012, 19:51

I was taking Philips sf. Got it from Walmart. It works in 12 to 72 hrs, but if you take every night you should be fine.
fisure_35
Fibre Addict