Anal Pain of a 13 year old

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anal Pain of a 13 year old

Postby Jaider101 » 06 Sep 2012, 06:05

I am 13 years old and have AF.
I have had them for about 4 months now. For the first month I didn't tell anyone because I was embarrassed, I just tried to deal with it best I can. BIG MISTAKE, that just made it a whole lot worse. I would always hold it in for as long as I could, I know that it the worst thing to do, but I just couldn't stand it. My mind was cluttered constantly with my issue, I would always be thinking "Oh god, I have to go tonight" and things like that, which really made me depressed. I couldn't stand it any longer and finally told my parents.
About 2 weeks ago, I had a colonoscopy for my Crohns disease (diagnosed just this Monday) and the doctor told me I had some of the worst fissures he had EVER seen. Which had just made me even more worried.
I am still trying to deal with it, mixed with everything that is going on in my life. It has truly brought me down.
I would be very grateful for any suggestions, treatment ideas that anyone could give me? Maybe even someone to share there experiences, so I have someone to relate to. Because going through something like this as young as me ALONE is really not what I want. I am glad I found this forum, like a weight of my shoulders!
P.S. If you think I sound mature for my age, its because I am in year 8 and I have parents that have bought me up to see things from different point of views. So I am very open minded. :)
Jaider101

Topics: 1

Re: Anal Pain of a 13 year old

Postby Sue27uk » 06 Sep 2012, 13:14

Jaider, I am so sorry you are going through this and at such a young age aswell. I am 28 and have struggled with this! Has the doctor given you any cream? It took a few months to diagnose my fissure, I tried using rectogesic. This can help relax your muscle and aid in healing. You can also use a sitz bath which can help you to relax, and need to eat plenty of fibre. If this doesn't work you may be offered surgery, although I'm not sure because of your age. Did the doctor not suggest anything else? Have a look around the forum, there are some good tips from people :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21