I'm considering surgery, but I've got this one problem...>:(

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

I'm considering surgery, but I've got this one problem...>:(

Postby palash » 10 Sep 2012, 16:50

I want LIS done! Right away after my exams! But the prob is, I'm afraid my stools won't remain soft for long after the surgery. You see, when I take 10 ml of lactus syrup 3 times a day, eat lots of veggies and drink plenty of water, the next day my stools become significantly harder and I don't get more than 2 stools out each time I go. This happens in the mornings. Usually in the afternoon, I get everything out pretty ok, but im always afraid that if I really relax myself and let all the stools pass faster, it would tear open another fissure or possibly the same one again! That's why I have to take do much lactus syrup( around 60 ml, gosh that's a lot ). Can someone explain to me why the recommended dose ( 30ml ) is not working? Please help, so I wouldn't have to buy a lifetime supply of stoolsofteners after the surgery:) thanks guys, you rock!
palash
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: I'm considering surgery, but I've got this one problem...>:(

Postby richibeno » 10 Sep 2012, 17:21

hi ,ive been using movicol in the uk, 2 sachets a day ,hi fibre loads of water ,wholemeal bread only ,little red meat, cut down on cheese,could try some lube ky ect
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Re: I'm considering surgery, but I've got this one problem...>:(

Postby palash » 10 Sep 2012, 21:08

Here in Singapore we don't get movicol. Haven't really experimented with the OTC medicines available here, but I guess I'll try them. Thanks!!! More suggestions and explanations please:)
palash
Salt Bather

Topics: 7