Are botox injections painful?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Are botox injections painful?

Postby Danish_AF » 23 Sep 2012, 11:38

bailey2009 wrote:Hi,
I hope things work out for you on Wednesday 😊. I too had to go to a private hospital I was in so much pain & couldn't wait for public app.
Are you still in pain at the moment?
Good luck Danish 😊

Hi bailey2009,
Thank you.
You had the LIS op ?
Is everything back to normal ?
I still have pain, but fortunately, I have no problems with constipation because of my high fiber diet(the Danish Rugbrшd), so I can eat painkillers with Oxycodone in them, and they remove about 95% of the pain.
But I am looking forward to my LIS, so I can come off the painkillers, and get my life back :)
Kind regards
Danish_AF
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby richibeno » 23 Sep 2012, 11:46

hi palash
i had botox and polyp removal on sept 10
took me at least 9 days for me to start to feel better
i was very sore ,and had a lot of presure there ,
i think a lot of my burning pain may have been due to the polyp removal,
i am now nearly 14 days post op ,and feel a lot better not to much pain when i do a bm ,still get some during the day ,
watch your diet ,plenty of water ,i take movicol day and night ,i also use rectogesic in morning and before bed ,and sudocream after a bm,might try coconut oil have just brought some .
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Postby Guest » 23 Sep 2012, 12:30

Hi palash,
No I haven't had LIS I'm still on round one of Botox & hopeful it works for me. Your lucky you don't suffer constipation I eat a hi fibre diet but if I don't take laxatives I don't go 😒. I'm going in for a colonoscopy on oct 23rd to see if anythings going on.
I bet you are looking forward to your op & getting your life back. Best of luck on Wednesday. Let's know how you get on.
Take care Image

Postby Badd825 » 23 Sep 2012, 17:51

I had Botox in April. It was ok. They gave me local anesthetic which hurt but the Botox was painless as I was numb. I wonder why they would give you needles to numb you before giving you a needle. I found no relief what so ever. I was incontinent to gas for a couple of weeks but never had relief of pain. Never had fissure seen by CRS. Finally ended up with hemorrhoidectomy and tag removal in August, 7 weeks post op and still in constant pain. My CRS sees a fissure now that he believes was caused by surgery. I believe it's always been there. He thinks I'll need LIS or we can try Botox again. Quite frankly even though I had surgery less than 2 months ago I think I would opt for LIS. Botox didn't help me at all. My CRS said its a 60% chance of success. After 9 months of pain I don't like those odds! I do suggest you try it as your first course of action though. Even though I think had I opted for LIS back in April I might have been fine now I also think that surgery shouldn't be the first course of action. Good Luck. May you find healing whatever you decide.
Badd825
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby palash » 24 Sep 2012, 17:23

Hi guys, thanks a lot for your advice and input. Honestly, in my condition right now, im just looking for immediate pain relief. You see, I have my O level examinations in a month( it's a major board exam ), so I don't want this fissure problem to come up during the exam period. I desperately want to do well, but this problem is really holding me back!!! I will let you guys know how the botox goes:) cheers to a pain free poop! :)
palash
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby palash » 25 Sep 2012, 08:36

Ok guys, my parents have scheduled an appointment with the CRS this Friday. Sad to say, it's a clinical procedure and not under general anesthetic. So I'm a bit anxious to know whether the needle hurts.. do topical anesthetics( not the injections, but those creams ) help in numbing the area to the extent that you can't feel the needle? I'm really really scared, because it's 2 injections in one go:(
palash
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Guest » 25 Sep 2012, 14:06

Hi,
Don't be nervous ive read a few posts where some have Botox without a general but they had lots of local to numb the area before they inject the Botox. Not sure about creams. Hope it goes well for you.

Postby Danish_AF » 26 Sep 2012, 04:54

palash wrote:Ok guys, my parents have scheduled an appointment with the CRS this Friday. Sad to say, it's a clinical procedure and not under general anesthetic. So I'm a bit anxious to know whether the needle hurts.. do topical anesthetics( not the injections, but those creams ) help in numbing the area to the extent that you can't feel the needle? I'm really really scared, because it's 2 injections in one go:(

Hi,
You do get some pain after the botox, but it's not that bad. The first BM's can be a little painfull, but i dont think as bad as the pain from the AF. I think that if it was me I would ask if i could get some local anesthetic, otherwise it will be pain full, according to the surgeons that treated me with botox, and also to help you on your way home :)
Best of luck on Friday, it will be over in no time, and hopefully the botox will do the trick for you. I will keep my fingers crossed for you Image
Today i went to the private hospital, and got a schedule for a LIS op on Monday, so today im really high of expectations for my LIS op Image Image
Kind regards
Danish_AF
Fibre Addict

Postby Amethyst_Geode » 22 Oct 2012, 23:26

Yes! Botox injections *are* painful. My doctor did mine in his office, no painkiller first, straight up the butt and man, I'm terrified that I'm going to be prescribed a second round.
At first, I questioned whether it worked, particularly because, while it seemed to freeze up one side, the other side seemed to think it should go into overtime to make up the extra spasming. The good news was that the Botox appeared to do its job -- it froze the muscle, making it much easier for me to apply the nitroglycerin. The bad news is that I think it's starting to wear off and it's only been about four weeks, and I'm quite convinced I'm a long way from healed.
Amethyst_Geode

Postby Danish_AF » 23 Oct 2012, 02:56

Amethyst_Geode wrote:Yes! Botox injections *are* painful. My doctor did mine in his office, no painkiller first, straight up the butt and man, I'm terrified that I'm going to be prescribed a second round.
At first, I questioned whether it worked, particularly because, while it seemed to freeze up one side, the other side seemed to think it should go into overtime to make up the extra spasming. The good news was that the Botox appeared to do its job -- it froze the muscle, making it much easier for me to apply the nitroglycerin. The bad news is that I think it's starting to wear off and it's only been about four weeks, and I'm quite convinced I'm a long way from healed.

Hi,
They say that Botox should last for 3 months, and it also made it the first time I had Botox, but the last 2 times the effect lasted no more than 4-5 weeks, and then my muscle began having spasms again.
So I think it varies from person to person how long Botox works.
Botox did not trick for me, so I ended up getting an LIS, and I had gotten this earlier if I knew how good the effect of LIS was for me
I hope that Botox works for you, so you don't need more, and can continue your life without any pain :)
Kind regards
Danish_AF
Fibre Addict