Anal fissure and leakage (sorry, TMI)

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anal fissure and leakage (sorry, TMI)

Postby Little Hedgehog » 26 Sep 2012, 09:07

First of all, sorry for TMI. This is really embarassing to talk about but since we're all having a rather embarassing condition anyways, here goes: is it common for people with anal fissures to sometimes, when they pass gass, have some feces come with it?
I ask, because it has happened a couple of times that I feel a huge bubble of gas than needs to be "evactuated", I go to the toilet, pass the gas, but some stools come with it.
Is this common for anal fissures?
Little Hedgehog

Topics: 2

Re: Anal fissure and leakage (sorry, TMI)

Postby suzyljank » 26 Sep 2012, 09:25

Hi, don't be embarrassed. If you're using nitro or nifedipine ointments it relaxes the muscle and because the muscle relaxes a little stool can come out. This can also happen if you're using stool softeners like miralax because they not only help to soften stool but they also make you go more. AF suffers tend to avoid bms because of the pain. Getting the muscle to relax is good for healing and when it's time to have a BM so try not to worry about it. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Re: Anal fissure and leakage (sorry, TMI)

Postby Little Hedgehog » 27 Sep 2012, 09:23

hey, thanks for the reply. I currently use an ointment called rectogesic... I don't know exactly what it does, but it's supposed to widen the blood vessels so that it promotes healing. It's typical side effect is headache (which fortunately is very mild if any with me).
Anyway, yesterday I went to my GP and she put her finger "in there" to see how my hemorrhoids were doing. Could it be that she irritated the fissure a bit? Because today, it feels very burning and stingy and much more irritated than usual.
And then there is the itch I have after a trip to the bathroom... very intense itch. This itch was usually very mild, but after the trip to the doctor yesterday, it kinda worsened.
And last but not least... is it possible that I have some mild fecal leakage throughout the day? I've been using the ointment for about a month now and it's the first time I actually have this leakage. It's mild, but annoying. It's not the same as the "wet gas evacuation" I had yesterday, it's really some small amounts of stools or clear liquid that seeps out.
Thanks!
Little Hedgehog

Topics: 2