help , think i have a tooth abscess ,more pain killers

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: help , think i have a tooth abscess ,more pain killers

Postby richibeno » 24 Sep 2012, 11:29

me and movicol ,im always changing my portions
at the mo ,because of pain meds and antibiotics the last 3 days have been ,half sachet in morning ,and a full sachet at night before i go to bed,
i have used full sachets day and night and have gone down to half sachets day and night
dont want to be constipated when taking these antibiotics ,but may be they can send you the other way
so, i may go down to half and half,or would it be worth it just having ne full one before i go to bed
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Postby Guest » 24 Sep 2012, 12:37

Maybe cut down to 1 movicol but take lactulose or senokot also. My CRS says movicol only softens stool & sometimes you need something extra like lactulose (which causes wind) or senokot to help stool move along. Hope this helps 😊

Postby richibeno » 24 Sep 2012, 12:42

what about prune juice
richibeno
VIP

Postby Guest » 24 Sep 2012, 13:49

Yes it's good too I eat prunes rather than drink the juice works the same I'm sure😊

Postby Lauren12 » 24 Sep 2012, 14:04

I've got a regular bowel habit using only prune juice (and Yakults - probiotic yoghurts that are meant to have some de-constipating properties). I drink 200 ml Sunraysia prune juice at night. Not all prune juices are the same strength though - I find Sunraysia really works.
However, my fissure has healed and I'm 17 months post LIS op, so don't have fissure problems any more.
When I did have a fissure, and when I was recovering from the operation, I used Movicol, a small amount of Lactulose and prune juice. However it was too much - it was producing abnormally large stools which weren't helping the anus, and the CRS had me gradually reduce the dose of Movicol and eliminate Lactulose altogether, but continue the prune juice. When I recovered, I stopped all stool softeners and now only use prune juice to keep a regular bowel habit. I did find however, that Movicol kept the stool consistently soft throughout, whereas with prune juice alone, the beginning bit can be harder or firmer, but soft for the rest. However because I've recovered, my anus can now withstand passing a firmer stool. I might add that the stool softeners caused these too large stools because I was also eating lots of fibre, so I reduced the fibre in my diet, whilst still eating healthily.
Anyway, the upshot is, yes prune juice does work in my experience. It gets the bowels moving. Don't drink more than it recommends on the pack however. I first started drinking prune juice before developing the fissure because I'd always suffered constipation and wondered if it would help. I didn't read the pack and thought of it as just another fruit juice and so drank pints of it, because it was so delicious. Big mistake. Not only did it give me a regular bowel habit for the first time in my life, but the sudden disruption to the bowel from drinking these quantities of prune juice were what caused my fissure! So yes it works, but in moderation.
Lauren12
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby richibeno » 25 Sep 2012, 04:00

Unfortunately I could really feel my fissure last night and tis morning '
Think the bm explosion may have caused it-
Not bad pain but when you move around or clench you bum :-)
richibeno
VIP

Postby Lauren12 » 25 Sep 2012, 07:01

You do get slight irritation with diarrhoea that can make the area temporarily more sensitive also.
Lauren12
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby richibeno » 27 Sep 2012, 11:50

update ,been on antibiotics since moday morning ,face ,tooth a lot better ,still feel it though
now the question is,, ive been windy sometimes on the toilet i get a wind rush and my bm happenes ,but this hurts ,and have been some pain again ,a little bit loose to,also feeling sphincter presure as if i want to do a bm,
have been taking biactol yogs to help ,still taking movico ,only been having one sachet of a night last couple of days ,
but do you think the antibiotics and the extra pain killers i was taking has caused this wind
is it worth me going down half a movicol ,and prune juice .
thank you ,
am now 16 days post botox and polyp removal
richibeno
VIP