I need some opinions - do I have a new fissure?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

I need some opinions - do I have a new fissure?

Postby HurtingBigTime » 04 Oct 2012, 07:06

Ok first my history. I am a 45 year old woman. I had a CHRONIC fissure problem that lasted for well over a year. Slowly, it went away. I started eating better and I was just marvelling to myself recently how nice it was that everything was cool. I didn't think you could heal a chronic fissure, so was pleased that everything had been nice for almost a year. It was wonderful that I had seemed to heal it on my own; I had scheduled surgery at one point but I chickened out. It did not cause me a lot of pain so I just dealt with it for a long time.
A while ago I got the crazy idea to go back on the Dukan (low carb) diet to shed a few pounds. I have done this before (lots of protein, veggies) and it works fast. So I lost some weight over the course of a week or so and then got really constipated. How quickly we forget! So I did not have any bleeding but I did have a really painful bowel movement.
One of two things happened, and now I am in some serious pain. It hurts to walk and it hurts to sit. I feel like there is a small lump in my perineum area. That's where the pain is localized. Very painful to touch no outside, but no "wound". It's just a little bit hard. I was worried that I had some kind of hemmorhoid but I do not have anything visible like that. It doesn't look like it is thrombosed or blue or black or anything, just firm.
Then it occured to me that maybe I had been retorn internally, but I just cant see it. The pain radiated to the posterior direction. I have no visible fissure and I have no bleeding. Just extreme shooting pain, worse than it ever was. It's gotten worse over the last 24 hrs.
This problem started yesterday morning after my painful BM. The only thing that helped yesterday was 2 glasses of wine. I know not advised, but I think it helped me relax, as I was getting a bit desparate.
I almost wish it is a hemmorhoid, because I think I can deal with that better.
Any help please, I will try anything. Hear the desperation in my voice. The diet is done!
HurtingBigTime

Topics: 1

Re: I need some opinions - do I have a new fissure?

Postby richibeno » 04 Oct 2012, 08:13

hi ,you could have an absess , a perianal absess
its very sore to touch ,you want these checked out asap,they wii lance it and clean it out
i have one which started to burst yesterday ,just above my anus to the right buttock ,masive pain could not sit ect,lots of puss stinky crap came out ,i saw my crs who said its an absess and am having it drained and cleaned proberly some bad tissure took out too ,
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Postby HurtingBigTime » 04 Oct 2012, 08:14

Would the whole thing form in less than 24 hours?
Gosh! read about it and you may be right. Seeing doctor tomorrow to be sure. not going to leave this thing untreated!
HurtingBigTime

Postby HurtingBigTime » 05 Oct 2012, 06:07

Richibeno, I just want to thank you for your quick reply. As soon as I googled this, I realized that was it! My doctor was able to see me late yesterday afternoon and I am well on my way to healing. I probably would have just sat there all day thinking it was something else. He said if I had left it untreated, Id probably have to go to the emergency room with a high fever etc. It was caught early so prognosis is good. I feel much better already, both physically and emotionally!
Thank you again so much everyone here is so knowledgeable about all this "stuff"!
HurtingBigTime

Postby richibeno » 05 Oct 2012, 06:33

That's great news ' I only new what it may be because I happened to have one ,that was bursting ,had me op yesterday took a lot bad tissue out got a hole near me anus like size of 3 grapes the surgeon said
also left a fistular for me ,so I don't know how long I had the abbsess
Did he lance it and give you antibiotics
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Postby Ever the Optimist » 05 Oct 2012, 06:37

Great news HBT,
Just reinforces the message to get anything "unusual" checked ASAP by the medics!! My thought was also an abscess after reading your post and hoping this has nipped it all in the bud for you and it has now all been cleared up quickly. Good luck with your ongoing recovery from it! :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby HurtingBigTime » 05 Oct 2012, 08:25

lol no I think it was small. He lanced it and cleared it up and left a small scar. It is very "tender" but it doesnt hurt anywhere near as much as this time yesterday. He did not give me antibiotics but he said 2 hot baths a day will speed healing and not to skip it. I have to get rechecked in 2 weeks. He said 70% chance of no complications, I pray!
HurtingBigTime