Will this ever end

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Will this ever end

Postby Guest » 08 Oct 2012, 03:24

I have had my Fissure for just over 2 years, I have had 2 rounds of Botox which I am not impressed with, and now because the Botox isn't working my Consultant is sending me to have a Flexible Sigmoidoscopy as he believes the Botox should have worked and finds it very odd that its provided no relief and wonders if there is something more going on.
I have to go and have the Flexible Sigmoidoscopy in just under 2 weeks and not overly worried as I'm pretty sure there's nothing really nasty going on and that is it just a Fissure that occured when I gave birth to my daughter.
I almost cancelled it as I haven't really been uncomfortable or blood for a month or so, but the night before last I had a BM at night (most unusual) and had terrible itching and spasming, so put some cream, then last night again a late night BM resulted in a fair bit of blood and pain, in the end I was soo tired of sitting there dabbing it with tissue to stop the blood that I put a sanitary towel in my knickers nearer my bum and went off to bed, woke this morning and there was a bit on the pad...I really thought I had healed, this is doing my head in.
Once they've done the Flexible Sigmoidoscopy as long as no real problems the Consultant said he might try LIS surgery next.
Sorry rant over just needed to talk to people who understood.
Lou x

Re: Will this ever end

Postby richibeno » 08 Oct 2012, 05:24

i think a lot of it is down to diet ,plenty of water ,use nitro,
keep it soft ,dont eat nothing hard ,or whats going to tear you down there ,no pushung ,
i use movicol to keep mine soft
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Postby Guest » 10 Oct 2012, 00:44

Thanks for the reply...I do keep things soft, I have softeners and live on veg and water.
I don't feel I am getting much benefit from this site, no one seems to reply to my messages.

Postby owmybum » 10 Oct 2012, 02:49

Hi,
I'm so sorry you are having to deal with all this. It can get so frustrating when things don't work out like you hope. It sounds like you are doing all the right things to help yourself with diet and softeners. Hopefully your crs can get to the bottom (sorry) of things and why he thinks Botox hasn't worked for you.
Have you tried putting your feet up on a stool when you have a bm? I also put a bit of Vaseline on just before and I find that helps just a bit.
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby 3 years now » 10 Oct 2012, 08:27

try using some extra virgin coconut oil - put it down there like cream. It helps a lot. I am going on to 5 years now with this fissure. Surgery is my next option.
3 years now
Salt Bather

Topics: 9