Healing? Help!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Healing? Help!

Postby Fissulyna » 08 Nov 2007, 14:50

OH, Buttgirl, thanks for the tip for the heat pad !!!!!!! I always was thinking how nice it would be to bring mine in the car. I have built in heater but it heats WHOLE chair - back and all - makes you sweat after a while so i have to turn it off and on every couple of minutes - just annoying !!!
Bum Issues - have a GREAT trip !!!!!! :cheer:
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Deleted User 5 » 08 Nov 2007, 15:03

Hi Fussulyna,
I was a bit worried that the seeds would cause a scratchy poo, too. But indeed, I ate them even before I had the LIS, while I still had my fissure. And I was starting to heal right before the surgery, and I give the Poms credit, because they really made my stools consistent from day to day.
I never had a single scratchy poo! Nothing but nice, smooth, rich-brown soft logs!! I say go get one and try it!!
I stopped eating RAW veggies, as I found they did indeed cause me problems. Actually, cooked veggies are a staple of the AF diet. If eaten raw, they should be chewed to a cream. But soft foods are essential to the AF diet, so *I* say no raw veggies unless it's something like asparagus. Others on the board may disagree. It's a free country!!
Nope, I only used colace!
As for meats, I ate it all, but never big helpings. I did avoid things like steak. And other red meats. But I ate chicken and pork and fish. Just not big helpings.
Moderation is the key. If you must have potato chips, just chew it up good and don't eat more than a handful. Sweets pass through the body too fast, so they cause more problems, and just aren't worth it. But a bite of a Mars bar, or a couple bites of Ice cream, I think, won't amount to a hill of beans.
And water....too many people think you need to drink and drink and drink it! But really, 90% of that is NOT going to your stool. It's going right out your bladder. Just drink water *as you eat your fiber* and then moderate, normal amounts the rest of the day.
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 08 Nov 2007, 15:34

THANKS BUDDY : )))))) !!!!! I know how much time it takes to type all of that, and I appreciate every word !!!! I will go and buy some poms today - maybe mix them in a small fruit salad -like tangerines +poms ; ) and see what happens. You might be wright about cooked veggies because my mother in low cured her F by eating only cooked "everything" - including meat! Do you know how colace works ? Does it just keeps water longer in the guts ? Is it stimulant at all - you know me and my 5 BMs a day @: /... Did you used them with meal or that did not matter at all ?
Thanks again KIM !!!!! I am so glad that you decided to stay on this forum even though you are cured - what would we newbies do without you veteran guys ??? Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Deleted User 5 » 08 Nov 2007, 15:48

I have too many buddies to leave the board!
Colace actually works by bringing water to the stools. That's about all it does, which in and of itself, is quite nice if you have AF.
Colace is NOT a stimulant at all, and does not cause dependancy.
I think I AM right about the cooked veggies, but that could just be my male ego...
At night, I like to sprinkle a BUNCH of pomegranate arils onto my frozen yogurt (vanilla) and then sprinkle some crushed roasted peanuts on it. Of course, if you have a fissure, you leave off the peanuts.
Down in these parts, we eat peanuts boiled in the summer, with lots of salt. I doubt that boiled peanuts would bother a fissure..
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 09 Nov 2007, 15:36

Ohhhh, sound yummyyyyyyy : )))))) !!!! Thank you for the nice desert tip ; ). I will try Colace thing too. So, did you take it with food or it just didn't matter ???
THANKS !!!!!!! Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Deleted User 5 » 09 Nov 2007, 15:41

I don't think it matter when you take it. It might be a good idea to take it with the fiber part of the meal, since it draws water to your stool, it may do so while the food is being "processed." But that is just a guess!!
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 09 Nov 2007, 15:55

GOOOODYYYYY !!!!!!! Image Image :_):
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby buttgirl » 09 Nov 2007, 16:59

Kim,

my TCM dr adrees with you about the cooked veggies. He put me on an all-cooked diet for the next few weeks. I'm supposed to have cooked apples inthe morning. Cooked veggies in the afternoon. Cooked veggies in the evening. Anything soft and cooked.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67