Hard lump after surgery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Hard lump after surgery

Postby MelissaB » 28 Apr 2012, 16:26

I remember someone posting on here that they had a pea sized lump that appeared a few days after surgery. It was not infected, but it did hurt. I am experiencing the same thing, only today it has grown from pea size to more the size of a bean. It is hard and rather uncomfortable. I have been putting the salve on it that the crs recommended and doing my sitz baths and regular baths several times a day. Anyone know how long to expect this? Had surgery on Tuesday 4/24.
MelissaB
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Re: Hard lump after surgery

Postby richibeno » 02 Oct 2012, 04:29

hi melissa
how did you get on with this ,i have somthing like this
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Postby Fissurehell » 05 Oct 2012, 13:39

Hey guys
I had surgery about 4 weeks ago, no pain when going anymore, feel pretty normal other then some itchiness..I have a small lump at the incision site and went in for my 3 week post op check. Doc said everything is healing fine and the hard bump is a little tag that developed but will go down as the LIS incision heals up. No infection and he said it is quite common.
Fissurehell

Topics: 1

Postby Anya324 » 13 Oct 2012, 23:57

I have something bean-sized coming out of my bum too! I'm 3.5 post-op and had my first real BM tonight-that's when it showed up. Little nervous as to what it is exactly?!? Any thoughts would be welcomed.
Anya324
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Lump

Postby Sorew5 » 20 Nov 2012, 20:34

Hi guys. Did your lumps go down? I also have bean sized lump, in fact it looks like a bean lol. It's freaking me out a bit and I would love some reassurance that it's normal?..
Sorew5
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Ever the Optimist » 21 Nov 2012, 15:06

Hi all,
I also had a "lump" post op but this went down rapidly after surgery (maybe 2/3 weeks later)It also seemed to "swell" after the pressure of a BM. It reduced in size but still remains (but much smaller) It's not painful and unfortunately, I think a skin tag that appeared after surgery and I think it will be there to stay (it doesn't give any grief though just looks a little unsightly!)
Another thought however is that you have developed a thrombosed pile following your op. I also had this, a tiny purple lump which got a little larger, which itched and was painful. A couple of days of anusol soon shrank it again though!
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

CRS follow up

Postby Sorew5 » 21 Nov 2012, 19:04

Hi
Good news for most with the bean or pea sized lump.. I saw the CRS today and he said the lump was caused by a hematoma which was caused when he gave me a local after the op. it would be him accidentally hitting a vessel and that lump is the reaction. He said that it should go down in about three weeks. Yay! He gave me antibiotics just in case it gets infected while I am on holiday but said it is unlikely. Flagyl is the name of the AB!
Anyway hopefully this news will reassure people as he said it was quite common.
Sorew5
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2