Why is it so {|%!,.*'} hard to pee?!?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Why is it so {|%!,.*'} hard to pee?!?

Postby Anya324 » 15 Oct 2012, 00:15

fissurectomy with LIS and skin tag removal 5 days post op and I have yet to completely empty my bladder :( I go a bit and then trickle (push) in spurts to get more out but know there's more that wont come out without serious pushing which I can't do cuz of my bumm. Started burning when I pee so I went to urgent care for a culture and got some antibiotics (Septra).
I just don't get it, this is my 4th anal surgery and I have never had this much trouble urinating. It's always slow after any surgery cuz of anesthesia but NEVER like this :( Could it be a temporary side effect from the LIS maybe?
I've tried going in the sitz bath and the shower (and the toilet Image). Any other suggestions? I searched the site for this but nothing came up...
Thanks in advance!
Anya324
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: Why is it so {|%!,.*'} hard to pee?!?

Postby owieher » 15 Oct 2012, 01:38

The nerves are all connected. I would increase fluid intake and really try to \"yangtze fluid\".
owieher
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Re: Why is it so {|%!,.*'} hard to pee?!?

Postby Ever the Optimist » 15 Oct 2012, 14:25

Hi Anya,
You're not the first to post this complaint!
I think there's probably a mixture of stuff going on there;
Firstly, yes, the whole area is completely sensitive, so putting any pressure on the bladder will increase intensity of stress to the bum, so that's probably a bit of a side effect but it won't last. Then there's the mental thing as well going on with you worrying about pushing to do anything (even pee)because of any damage it might inflict. Hard to do possibly right now, but sit on that loo, take a few deep breaths and just focus on something around you to take your mind off expelling anything (really helps me when I feel stressed over a BM) If you've any doubts, just call your CRS for some reassurance....Keep downing the fluids and sure you'll be peeing for the whole of the US soon!!! :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again