So much blood again....

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

So much blood again....

Postby ajl1239 » 19 Oct 2012, 09:23

For a week I have been eating a pretty much perfect diet and taking miralax, blah, blah, but today I had a still quite soft (but quite a bit longer) stool and then had the bright red blood covering the toilet paper return.
Even though it seems the pain is not quite as bad as at the start of the week at all, is this a sign that all of my progress has retreated?? Thanks for any help..
ajl1239
Salt Bather

Topics: 31

Re: So much blood again....

Postby ajl1239 » 19 Oct 2012, 10:00

Hmmm...I am so confused. Every doctor that I have visited says it is an anal fissure, but do you think that it might also be internal hemorrhoids? I says this because although I do have the sharp pain and spasms -- especially towards evening, but also rarely at other points during the day -- they don't seem quite as horribly severe as some of the folks here are reporting on the board. I'm 29 and male -- and, if it helps, this is not from sex. I think it probably originally started from constipation and/or passing large, very dry stools. Sorry for the TMI...
ajl1239
Salt Bather

Postby cherylk » 19 Oct 2012, 10:11

Sometimes a larger stool (in amount) can cause added stretching and possibly blood and pain. It often takes a long while to heal the area.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby ajl1239 » 19 Oct 2012, 10:26

Thank you, cherylk. If my pain is not that bad -- definitely not severe -- should I still consider the nitroglycerin ointment? Any success stories from those without severe pain where it helped with healing?
ajl1239
Salt Bather

Postby cherylk » 19 Oct 2012, 12:06

I used the diltiazem ointment off and on for several months to heal my fissure of a few years ago. Hot baths a couple of times a day also can help with healing. Good luck!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46