So Happy to Find This Forum!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

So Happy to Find This Forum!

Postby fissurekorea » 24 Oct 2012, 03:40

Hello everyone!
As you can tell from the name I'm located in South Korea. I've had an anal fissure for about...yeesh, 9 months now. Overall, I'm super happy to have found this place.
My main problem is that South Korea is really not a conducive place to avoid the things that can "reset" a fissure (I'm really glad to find that this is a common thing) such as alcohol and caffeine. What made it so difficult this year was that I was busy starting a new business, and unfortunately, that business involves alcohol which as you all probably know, is killer on a fissure!
So, for the past week or so I've cut alcohol and caffeine. Alcohol has been surprisingly easy, but caffeine has been the worst. My theory is that not only is caffeine addictive, but we don't exactly drink it when we feel great; it's always the weakest point in the day.
Anyway, I'm slowly feeling better. I get a slight burn after a BM still, but as long as I use a baby wipe after I'm ok. One lingering problem is anal leakage (still kind of pooping a little, even after you've pooped). So, After a BM I usually have to go back for a second baby wipe. In order to counteract the leakage, I've ordered some hemp protein powder to get a nice power/fiber shake going in the morning. Also, I've ordered some Vitamin E suppositories.
However, someone mentioned Coconut Oil. I'm going to stop by a department store tonight where it will surely be expensive, but, I'm hoping, totally worth it.
If anyone has any advice that would help a ton, thanks!!!
P.s.
Seriously, can we start a petition to medical companies to make a one-stop cure all? It's insane to me that fissures are still so relatively untreatable!
fissurekorea
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: So Happy to Find This Forum!

Postby Neen » 24 Oct 2012, 09:21

Hi fissurekorea....welcome to the club...haha!.. 9 months is a long time to be hurting...has it been constant pain or on and off flare ups? If it is only on and off flare ups, I feel like you could still heal on your own. Do you use Miralax to make your bm's soft? You could try that in addition to cutting out caffeine and booze. I think caffeine is prob worse, if you drink it like I did.(way too much). I use coconut oil on my butt and it does make it feel better. I have had 2 surgeries this year, so I can't compare my healing to someone who hasnt had surgery. I wish to God I knew a year ago what I know now about pooping and bms and diet! Try the miralax and diet change and see how you do. And yes, the dr. who figures out a way to fix aholes would in my opinion be a saint! Good luck! :D
Neen
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: So Happy to Find This Forum!

Postby fissurekorea » 24 Oct 2012, 19:46

Hey Neen,
I would say that it's a kind of on and off pain, very related to whether or not I've had caffeine. After this whole episode, caffeine is definitely the one thing that is probably going to get cut out of my life by about 80%.
I JUST got some suppositories from America today and found out that one ingredient is coconut oil. I'm actually very excited to try them out. I'm also going to pick up some coconut oil tomorrow night (searched around my neighborhood, no one had it) for external use.
fissurekorea
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3