Question? Has anyone used the wheatgrass superbalm???!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Question? Has anyone used the wheatgrass superbalm???!

Postby NAKHTI » 04 Nov 2012, 15:17

Hello,
I am fairly new here to the board, and I just have one question? Has anyone on this message board ever used Dr. Wheatgrass's Superbalm, and if so... Did it work on your AF, and what were the results if you don't mind me asking?? Image
NAKHTI
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Re: Question? Has anyone used the wheatgrass superbalm???!

Postby PompeyBlue » 04 Nov 2012, 16:31

I'm fairly new too. After several weeks of nitro which did nothing for me I tried the Wheatgrass Recovery Cream for a few days. It did nothing either - it wasn't even soothing - but it was only for a few days. I then persuaded my doctor to prescribe diltiazem cream which after two weeks seems to be working. I am also using coconut oil which I find very soothing. Also lactulose to keep stools soft and regular. I think the last is almost the most important. I have learned to avoid hard BMs and straining above all.
I hope this may be of some help. From reading the board I realise we are all different and what medication works for one may not work for another. But the BM advice is common to us all.
My best wishes in dealing with what can only be described as a miserable condition. May you have a speedy recovery.
PompeyBlue
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby PompeyBlue » 04 Nov 2012, 16:43

I've just had a look at your other posts and I should add that I had a fissure seven years ago which healed with diltiazem cream. I had no further problem until recently when a new medication made me very constipated - straining, hard stools etc. So yes there is hope! We often can and do heal without surgery. Hope you find this reassuring.
PompeyBlue
Salt Bather

Postby NAKHTI » 04 Nov 2012, 23:01

Thank you, I really do appreciate your response and your input as well... Is this cream prescription ONLY, and can it be used for INTERNAL anal fissures as well also??
NAKHTI
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby PompeyBlue » 05 Nov 2012, 03:17

I can only speak for the UK. Both what I referred to as nitro ointment (which is glyceryl trinatrate ointment) and diltiazem cream are prescription only here. There is a problem getting general practitioners to.prescribe diltiazem because it has nt been licensed by the NHS though hospital consultants can and do prescribe it. I had a real struggle with my GP to get.her to prescribe it. So far as I know they can both be used internally and externally.
My own view, for what it is worth, is that I would prefer to try prescription drugs first and only use the others if they fail. Having said that I.find coconut oil very soothing.
Hope this helps.
PompeyBlue
Salt Bather