New sufferer

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New sufferer

Postby terrydactyl » 05 Nov 2012, 07:53

I'm so glad I found this forum, I thought I was the only sufferer in the world. Having lurked for a few days reading various posts I came to the conclusion that I am far from alone and decided to join the forum. My story so far: I had a very hard BM, unusual for me, in the middle of July with a small amount of blood and a sharp pain. The pain became worse and widespread over the whole anal region in the following weeks.I waited a month before visiting the docs (big mistake as it turns out) and he said he had no real clue what was wrong with me but could see some inflamation and prescribed Trimovate. This was very painful so I stopped using it and after two more vists to the docs was told I might have an abscess and sent me to the hospital as an emergency. This being the UK I was not seen (as an emergency) for six hours when two docs in turn probed very roughly up my bum and announced I had prostatisis!
To cut a long story short my GP finally decided I had an anal fissure and prescribed Rectogesic. This did nothing for the spasms so she prescribed Amitriptyine a week later. This has helped but has bad side effects. I am trying to wean myself of them at the moment.
All in all this AF has had a bad effect on me and I would advise anyone to get treatment early before the AF become chronic like mine. It was three months before mine was diagnosed and that is much too long to expect a quick cure
My regards to all my fellow sufferers in this forum - Terry
terrydactyl

Topics: 2

Re: New sufferer

Postby Savaici » 08 Nov 2012, 20:11

Welcome to the group, Terry Image . Yes, seeing a doctor is definitely best in the acute stage. Many of us suffering from not doing that.
Have you thought of seeing a colon and rectal surgeon to get a confirmation for what exactly if wrong? Often best to do that. Also, I believe that Amitriptyine is an anti-depressant that is sometimes prescribed in very low doses to help with the pain of fissures. Maybe the dose is too high?
Anyway, once again, a big welcome and glad that you found us!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222