Internal fissure????

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Internal fissure????

Postby motherluch » 13 Nov 2007, 15:35

Has anyone had a non-painful internal fissure?? I apparently have a tear on the inside that was causing me to bleed pretty badly, I thought it was an internal hemorrhoid since I didn't feel any pain with the BM. My Dr. said it was a tear that I had back a few months ago from an impaction. He treated the fissure with infrared coagulation, something that has been successful in treating bleeding hemorrhoids. Has anyone heard of either the internal nt painful fissure, or this treatment for it??
Thanks!
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Re: Internal fissure????

Postby Guest » 13 Nov 2007, 15:46

If the fissure is above the dentate line you won't be able to feel it since the nerves in that area are do not have pain sensory nerves. That is why internal hemmies don't really hurt unless they prolapse.
My husband has had infrared coagulation on an internal hemorhoid but not a fissure.

Re: Internal fissure????

Postby Deleted User 5 » 13 Nov 2007, 16:01

My fissure must have been internal because it never caused me any pain, my pain came from the sphincter spasms. I would sometimes bleed after a BM, long before (perhaps more than a year) the actual pain started.
I am not familiar with the procedure, though..
Deleted User 5