Does any one know the cost of surgery for anal fissure in TX

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Does any one know the cost of surgery for anal fissure in TX

Postby AnaTexas » 20 Nov 2012, 14:29

I live in San Antonio Texas, and the doctor told me I need to have surgery for 2 fissures I have.
The doctors I have seen are in Mexico, and I want to know if it's possible to have my surgery done where I live....any ideas??
I don't have medical insurance,,,
Thank you in advance
Ana
AnaTexas

Topics: 1

Re: Does any one know the cost of surgery for anal fissure in TX

Postby Bumpkin » 21 Nov 2012, 02:49

Hi Ana,
What steps have you taken so far to heal the fissures? Most doctors will recommend a step-wise approach starting with diet changes and stool softeners, and then working up to nitroglycerin cream or a calcium-channel blocker, botox injections, etc. When all else fails, LIS surgery is certainly an option, but it's usually a last resort.
The cost of surgery depends on a few factors, such as exactly what type of surgery is being done, where it is performed (hospital or office) and what type of anesthesia is used (general or local).
My surgery (LIS / hypertrophied papilla removal / skin tag removal) was performed in my doctor's office with local anesthesia and it was less than $1000 (I'm in California). Surgeries performed in the hospital under general anesthesia can get very expensive.
I would recommend that you do lots of research on the colorectal surgeons in your area and see what you can find out.
I wish you all the best! Image
Bumpkin
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Bumpkin » 21 Nov 2012, 02:50

Hi Ana,
What steps have you taken so far to heal the fissures? Most doctors will recommend a step-wise approach starting with diet changes and stool softeners, and then working up to nitroglycerin cream or a calcium-channel blocker, botox injections, etc. When all else fails, LIS surgery is certainly an option, but it's usually a last resort.
The cost of surgery depends on a few factors, such as exactly what type of surgery is being done, where it is performed (hospital or office) and what type of anesthesia is used (general or local).
My surgery (LIS / hypertrophied papilla removal / skin tag removal) was performed in my doctor's office with local anesthesia and it was less than $1000 (I'm in California). Surgeries performed in the hospital under general anesthesia can get very expensive.
I would recommend that you do lots of research on the colorectal surgeons in your area and see what you can find out.
I wish you all the best! Image
Bumpkin
Salt Bather

Postby Bumpkin » 21 Nov 2012, 02:51

Sorry for the double posting! I don't know how that happened.
Bumpkin
Salt Bather

Postby AnaTexas » 28 Nov 2012, 17:20

Thank you very much for the replay, I have taken all the possible steps to avoid surgery, (except botox) I think surgery it is the last option I have :(
I already have an appointment with a doctor here in San Antonio, so far my friend who is a doctor told me $900 for doctor and anestesiologhist services.
I am only waiting for the price of the facility, I'll keep you posted.
AnaTexas

Topics: 1