Diltiazem and coconut oil

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Diltiazem and coconut oil

Postby Klainn » 24 Nov 2012, 09:47

Long time viewer, first time poster.
I have been diagnosed with an anal fissure by a CRS. I'm not sure he's actually seen the scar from what he tells me, but the symptoms fit so I'll go with it. I've had mine about 18 months. It's been pretty terrible as anyone here probably knows. I'm currently on a Diltiazem cream and that seems to offer a bit of relief. I'm not sure how to tell if my fissure is actually healing though. My Bowel Movements aren't terrible anymore and the discomfort after a BM is a lot less, but I'm really wanting this beast gone. I also seem to have a bump (pile?) that pops up a while after a bowel movement. That's where the majority of my discomfort is now. My question is, since I've been reading about the magic of coconut oil, and I'm willing to smear almost anything on my butt at least once to fix this problem, does anyone have any experience with diltiazem and coconut oil? Do they play well together? Should I not use one when I use the other?
Thanks for reading!
Klainn
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Diltiazem and coconut oil

Postby jr2 » 24 Nov 2012, 11:58

Hi Klainn,
Shouldn't be any problem using both. I would just make sure you space out the application by a few hours. In other words, don't apply them at the same time so as to prevent any dilution of the Diltiazem. Keep the applications spaced apart by a couple of hours.
Good luck! I know what you mean about being willing to try anything. I doubt there is anything I haven't tried at this point.
jr2

Topics: 15