Burn Burn Burn...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Burn Burn Burn...

Postby Bajan » 27 Dec 2012, 12:31

I have posted a few comments here and there in this great forum.
I had LIS surgery (twice) and am about 4 weeks since the last operation. The area of original pain, where the fissure was located, is basically 'close' to subsiding...but...after a bowel movement the pain slowly increases to a very intense burning sensation. Because of my stool softener meds, I usually have 2 - 3 bm's every morning, and this burning sensation is lowering my quality of life a great deal. Very hard to function at home and at work.
Does anyone else suffer from the 'burn'?
...thanks for listening...
Bajan
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: Burn Burn Burn...

Postby Fernie1 » 28 Dec 2012, 09:02

Oh my two LIS? May I ask? Did your first LIS not work? The reason I ask is because I had LIS done 6 months ago and it did not work. Still have fissure pain plus pain on the LIS cut because it is still not healed. CRS said if I have another LIS I would be incontenent the rest of my life yet I'm told my sphincter is still too tight. Would love to hear why you needed two LIS. I hope the burn subsides soon. I had burning going on for a week once and I realized it was because of my diet. I was eating pineapple and kiwi and boy did I pay for it. Did not know it would have that effect. Citrus does the same to me also. Can theburn perhaps be coming from diet? Hope you sort things out soon. Wishing you a speedy recovery
Fernie1
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby 3 years now » 28 Dec 2012, 09:22

2 to 3 BM's every morning is toooooo much. Lower your fiber intake
3 years now
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby marg6043 » 28 Dec 2012, 09:56

Bajan, I also get the burning during and after the BMs but happens only when I have diarrhea as this is my major problem and it can last a whole day if I do not put a suppository with vitamin e or other lubricant.
I found out that I get things a lot better if I just make sure that before the first BM in the morning I use Vaseline, that works as a barrier to the delicate area and helps with the abrasion that a hard stool or diarrhea can cause.
Then a sitz bath and a suppository of vitamin e, works for me.
You have to understand that stools are actually an irritating substance and with the area been raw and open with the fissures (sores) is hard to keep it from burning.
I also get the mixture of burning and itching that drives me crazy.
I never have surgery yet and has been dealing with the problem for almost a 7 months, officially as a diagnosted fissure 5.
I am sorry to hear that you have problems after two procedures.
Also you need to control the BMs you are having too many and that hinders healing, I can barely deal with one and a second is a nightmare so I can only imagine what you are experiencing with so many BMs.
I hope things get better for you.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Fernie1...reply

Postby Bajan » 28 Dec 2012, 11:08

Hi Fernie1...re:your question about two LIS. I had the first LIS at a specialty clinic in Toronto. It had little to no effect on my fissure healing and when I went back to see the surgeon there, he recommended I see a surgeon at a Toronto hospital. I did and he decided to do a second LIS and scrape the scar tissue around the fissure, as this was causing it not to heal.
He mentioned that there may be a chance of incontinence, but in most cases it would be temporary if at all. So far so good...
My only concern, is as I mentioned...the damn burning that comes after a bowel movement that lasts the whole day.
Bajan
Fibre Addict

Postby owmybum » 28 Dec 2012, 13:38

Maybe you could try using some sort of soothing cream... Maybe aloe or coconut oil... Or even baby's bum cream. Take a pain killer just before your first bm... It may just take the edge off the pain for the first few hours.
Good luck....I hope you can find some relief.
OMB xxx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

owmybum...reply

Postby Bajan » 28 Dec 2012, 15:55

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Very appreciated.
I am really hesitant in trying to apply anything internally...cream or suppositories as others have mentioned. Actually, not hesitant...terrified! I used to be on a daily regiment of metamucil, taken just before bed. I have stopped taking this and now take a pill...a stool softener...just before bed as well. Things seem very loose, almost too much and resulting in 2 - 3 movements each day. It feels like there is a constant pressure...going to the throne, or at least trying to gives me some relief, until the burn starts.
Anyway, am trying to stay sane and am hoping things will improve.
Thanks again,
steve
Bajan
Fibre Addict

Postby Fernie1 » 29 Dec 2012, 02:59

So sorry your still having the burn Bajan. And thanks so much for responding my questions. You have no idea how much hope I have now..maybe I too will someday have second LIS and have my life back. By the way I think OMB's idea about baby bum cream is great. I'm trying Desistin maximun strengh with a higher dose of zinc. I only apply it on outside and even like that it calms burningor that hot sworeness.
Fernie1
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby owmybum » 29 Dec 2012, 03:00

Hi Steve,
I can understand your reluctance to put any thing internally... I am the same..it's not a nice thought when you are injured in there!
What is the pill you take before bed? Maybe it's just too strong for you and you need to find something else... 2-3 times is a lot of trauma every day.
It's a hard task trying to find the right balance... Have a good read on here for back posts and try and gather as much info on what stool softeners work for folk.
Try to stay positive
OMB xxxx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !