Any NYC CRS recommendations?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Any NYC CRS recommendations?

Postby thisunpleasant » 17 Dec 2012, 12:32

Curious if anyone has had a particularly good experience with a CRS in New York City...
Would be especially interested if you had LSI done in NYC, and it went well.
Thanks very much.
thisunpleasant
Fibre Addict

Topics: 15

Re: Any NYC CRS recommendations?

Postby thisunpleasant » 08 Jan 2013, 18:30

Still looking for a NYC doctor recommendation...any leads would be much appreciated....Thanks!
thisunpleasant
Fibre Addict

Postby thisunpleasant » 24 May 2013, 10:19

bump for this one. No NYers here?
thisunpleasant
Fibre Addict

Postby Savaici » 24 May 2013, 18:03

Sorry that none of our members seem to be in the NY area right now.
The only person that I know who had surgery in NY was wecc, one of our Moderators, and he had Standardizd Anal Dilation with complete success. He saw CRS, Dr. Arnold Leiboff at http://www.colonandrectalsurgeons.com/crsli/AnalFissure.html
What I can suggest is that you check out healthgrades.com, vitals.com, ratemds.com for reviews by others of CRS in your area.  
You could also try the American Society of Colon and Rectal surgeons at http://www.fascrs.org/ and http://health.usnews.com/top-doctors/directory/best-colon-and-rectal-surgeons
When I saw the doctors I have seen, this is the way I researched, as I live in an isolated community with zero CRS. 
Hope the suggestions are of some help to you. 
Sav
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Juls814 » 24 May 2013, 20:36

Hi there..I live in NY and I am having surgery on June 7th. The CRS I am using is Frank Lacqua and he has offices in Brooklyn and Staten Island. He performed surgery on my son last year for a pilonidal cyst removal..he came highly recommended then and I did lots of research on him. All of his reviews are excellent, he has been awarded Castle Connolly best doctors and he is also on the US News Best Colo-Rectal Surgeons. Any of his patients that took the time to write a review online has said only good things- although a few weren't happy with his bedside manner- eh, he's a surgeon. Personally, I like him..he did NOT suggest surgery at my first visit, when another CRS DID who didn't even examine me. On another note, because I was in the legal field so long it is second nature to look up any lawsuits and I only saw one- and I can't tell you what that is for. I asked him about any of his patients having incontinence issues after surgery and he said none. I am terrified, but in pain almost daily on different levels, so I am going for it. I truly believe that a qualified CRS makes all the difference. Good luck..I hope this helps!
Juls814
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8

Postby thisunpleasant » 28 May 2013, 23:01

Thanks for the replies.
Those links look helpful.
And Juls814, thank you for the specific name. I'm sure everything will go well with your surgery and you'll be over this trying time very soon.
I will continue to research. If anyone has other Dr recommendations in the NYC area, I would love to hear.
Thanks again.
thisunpleasant
Fibre Addict

Postby thisunpleasant2 » 25 Nov 2013, 23:48

It's been a while, but thought I'd bump this topic to see if anyone had NYC CRS recommendations...
thanks...
thisunpleasant2
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3