Prepping for Analplasty-scared sh!tle$$.

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Prepping for Analplasty-scared sh!tle$$.

Postby Anya324 » 12 Jan 2013, 00:10

I had a fissurectomy in October of last year (4mos ago) that has ripped open repeatedly. It is to the point that my CRS says I have to have a flap done or Analplasty, not sure which really. I suppose he'll decide once he gets in there.
The biggest reason for the freakout is that I thought I had more time to prepare myself mentally for this surgery. But I called the CRS office Thursday and they said he's retiring on the 31st of the month. It's a shock to everyone and there's more to the story than I am privy to but the bottom line is that I trust this man with my bottom. Hehe! I called my husband in tears cuz I cannot imagine letting another CRS do it even if they are completely qualified. I've been seeing Dr L for 3 years for all my butt probs and I feel lost thinking about having to find another CRS. So they put on his surgical schedule for Thursday. I really hope his head is in the game. One of the medical staff said he seems sad to be leaving but they don't know why he's going so fast. Something is up. It's fishy and I don't like it. It's messing with my head. But if I go find another CRS it'll be months before I have this surgery by the time we get thru all the red tape. And I can't wait that long.... And,again, I don't want another dr messing around down there. I love dr L!!!
The other reason that I'm freaking out is because I've read a few positive stories about this surgery but not many. I know pain meds will be a must for me but I don't want them to be my undoing. With the Fissurectomy I was off of them in a week but had a bunch of other issues tha caused my BMs to be inconsistent and irritating. This time I'm locked and loaded with all the supplies I didn't have the last time. Ive started changing my diet to consist if more whole foods and less processed crap. Also cutting down a lot on red meat-we have it as often as chicken which is apparently too often. And I think in going to set a timer to remind me to drink water. I get so busy during the day that I forget to drink anything after my morning Joe.
The only other thing I need to do is get that special soap-balenol or something...?
Any advice or encouragement is greatly appreciated. Ty all!!
Anya324
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: Prepping for Analplasty-scared sh!tle$$.

Postby richibeno » 12 Jan 2013, 04:54

Good luck 'im sure it will be fine 'i think drinking loads of water is a big thing in keeping things soft
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Postby suzyljank » 12 Jan 2013, 08:52

Hi Ana,
I have a friend who had the house advancement flap surgery. It was her last resort, she can no longer have any more surgeries in the area. She said it helped her so much. She managed her pain on aleve and tylenol so she wouldn't become constipated. She used therma care wraps (heat) for her butt, took miralax or MOM daily and drank lots of liquids. She kept her bms very loose so she didn't tear the flap off. She showered off the area after every bm and when she was allowed she did her sitz baths. She said she had to be very careful and babied her butt for a few months after but she was back to work in three weeks. She's a nurse. I met her through another fissure site and we've talked on the phone a few times. Her surgery was over 5 years ago and she's doing good. Occassionally she'll get that charlie horse spasming up the butt because of all her surgeries but not often and she's able to pass larger stool. She still takes either miralax or MOM once a day and will for the rest of her life but that's not bad because she can eat anything now in moderation of course.
Be sure to get all your pain meds up front. I had my husband install a shower bidet that attaches to the faucet so I can control the temp. on every toilet in my home. That might help you too. I know what you mean about all the negative stories about the surgery out there. I truly wish people who have had a positive outcome would post but I guess once they feel better they no longer visit these sites. I hope you have a painless speedy recovery. Please let us know how you are doing. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby Anya324 » 12 Jan 2013, 10:30

Do you think your friend would be willing to chat with me, Suzy? I'd love to chat with someone before Thursday!
Anya324
Salt Bather

Postby suzyljank » 12 Jan 2013, 10:41

Hi Ana, I'm sending her an email right now to see if she would be willing to chat. I can't give out her email or number without asking her though. She's really nice and answered all my questions and we chat from time to time. She's waiting for me to get up the courage to go through with the surgery too. I'll let you know as soon as I hear from her. Take care Suzy.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby Anya324 » 13 Jan 2013, 00:12

Ya, I assumed that you couldn't give out her info. Ill send you mine in a pm if necessary. Thanks Ms Suzy!!
Anya324
Salt Bather

Postby Anya324 » 18 Jan 2013, 05:44

Had surgery yesterday. Will begin a new thread of my new journey.
Anya324
Salt Bather