Im new here and scared to death

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Im new here and scared to death

Postby lisak78 » 30 Dec 2012, 18:16

Hi, first off I should state that I have huge heath anxiety especially about cancer. Anyways for about a year I have had this large pie shaped tear on my bum and its kind of on the top toward the vaginal opening. ( sorry for to much info). It can be painful but I can also forget its there. I have had it checked my doctors and they have said it is a fissure by looking at it. I reacently read up about them and it also says it could be a sign of rectal cancer or leukemia. My heart is pounding so bad right now. How can I tell the difference?? I just know that there is slight blood on the toilet paper when I wipe but the tear is kind of big. I am so sorry to be a bother but do you have any advice?
lisak78

Topics: 3

Re: Im new here and scared to death

Postby ajl1239 » 30 Dec 2012, 23:16

Well, anything is possible, but I think there's a strong chance that you don't have cancer. Is the blood bright red or darker? From what I've read, bright red is fresh, whereas dark red comes from higher up in the body and could be indicative of a bigger problem. I'm not a doctor so I recommend seeding a surgeon -- I wish I hadn't waited so long to sort things out!
ajl1239
Salt Bather

Topics: 31

Postby Euronius » 20 Jan 2013, 19:19

Don't worry about it, I'm sure you don't have cancer. From my personal experience and from many many other people, every symptom about everything that you look up on the internet, somewhere along the lines it suggests you have cancer. If I were you I wouldn't worry too much.
Euronius
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby GGky1959 » 23 Jan 2013, 13:44

Hi, Lisaka78, I'm new here too....like you I'm frightened, confused and lost...all I can tell you to do is keep educating yourself and asking questions. My doctor is so removed from my suffering, that I had to come here. If I get prescribed one more supository, I'm gonna scream....good luck and the people here are soo supportive and informative.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25