Fistulomoty for X-mas....

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Fistulomoty for X-mas....

Postby dano » 15 Nov 2007, 23:34

well,i was informed today by my good buddy Dr.Hurtt that a fistulotomy with a possible fistula plug is needed to fix my rear.good thing is that its small and not very deep?? says it may even be too small for a plug,but its good that i came in now before it gets abcessed/infected. then it must be a bigger deal?? he seen many people come in all abcessed up and infected and wondering why it cant be fixed real quick...he says he sticks wire up there to see the depth and trak of the fistula....its on dec 4th,so im using it as an excuse to miss xmas shopping this year,i have a feeling it will magically heal completely dec 26th!! thats pityful..i know....p.s. if i dont responed to the threads very quick,i dont get on the computer till like 11 oclock at night,im not avoiding anyone!...
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Re: Fistulomoty for X-mas....

Postby Fissulyna » 16 Nov 2007, 00:15

Dano boy,
I will have you in my prayers !!! You will get rid of that idiotic fistula BEFORE 26th ! Please write when you can, and don't feel obligated - if nobody - we can completely understand your pain and frustration. We are all in the same boat - I want to see you dressed as Santa with Pamela Andersen on your lap - OK !!!!
ALL THE BEST !!!!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 16 Nov 2007, 05:37

I don't know...anything to get out of shopping huh?
hehe no seriously, I really hope your op goes well and you heal really quickly. Hopefully you're in for a pain free fabulous Christmas :)

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 Nov 2007, 07:49

Wow, maybe I need a fistula, too. I hate X-mas shopping.
No, I think I'll just shop....
Good luck on Dec 4, Danny, I'm sure your journey of pain is about to be over soon...
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 16 Nov 2007, 09:11

Well, I am glad you know what is going on and this will be a permanent good bye to all of your butt problems.

I had hemorrhoid surgery last year to get out of shopping-would take shopping any day!!!

Postby dano » 16 Nov 2007, 20:32

i thought this could be done in the office? i have to go to the hospital[which is no big deal],eveidently this is a little more involved than a quick cut to the fistula site,im glad i didnt let it go for a few more months and it got huge of infected....
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby happyass » 16 Nov 2007, 20:39

yeah it is a little more involved and you would want to be under. they turn you on your belly and spread your legs and then get in there with that wire. they insert the wire in the opening they find and then snake it in to see where it leads to. then the wire cuts thru both openings and the tunnel is exposed and cleaned and then treated.
if the tunnel is not big enough, then a plug is not necessary but if it is, then a plug will help to close it up.
typically, they leave the tunnel open to heal on its own.
good luck dano! i'll be praying for you as well for a quick recovery. i know you will do great. and this will help resolve your butt issues once and for all.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 17 Nov 2007, 08:53

And you get a brand new butt for Christmas!!!

Hey, HA, you look great as a blonde! !

I think Kim should do his blonde too and you guys can be twins!!!

Postby dano » 17 Nov 2007, 16:47

whoa...that sounds like it'll be fun and exciting! did you have one happyass! he didnt mention anything about recovery time,just said see if you can get time off work?? guess i'll have too see!
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion