Fissurectomy complete!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Fissurectomy complete!

Postby Mamalucia » 01 Feb 2013, 16:27

Yea I almost went a few times to ER it amazes me that the pain from the AF is worse then child birth in its own way! I lucked out with getting into my surgeon so quickly the nurse at my gastro office is the best...my last appt I was in tears in the waiting room she pulled me into the back and said shed get me in immedietly she called the surgeons office said she had an emergency case hung the phone up and said go straight there they'll see you right away and they did. Surgeon did a miserable exam including needles in the area and scheduled my surgery for the following week. Hopefully you can get the same quick response if u just press the issue with them. Don't give up keep calling!
Mamalucia
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Mamalucia » 01 Feb 2013, 16:29

Oops forgot yours is scheduled for Monday...silly me. Do your best to hold out sitz bath as much as possible to help!
Mamalucia
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mamalucia » 02 Feb 2013, 09:11

Yesterday I was a bit sore, had to take my oldest to the pulmonologist and then to get a chest x-ray so I was on my feet for a good 3 hrs. That def. irritated my surgical site. So far today however it feels great!! I can't believe how great it feels 48 hrs after surgery! My CRS is amazing!!!
Mamalucia
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Jessjess » 02 Feb 2013, 16:49

That is great! SO glad to hear you are doing well! Image
Yes- lots of sitz baths! If I could sit in the bathtub 24/7, I would!
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Mamalucia » 02 Feb 2013, 18:54

Thank you!! Are you getting excited for your procedure Monday? Or are you nervous about it all?
Mamalucia
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Jessjess » 03 Feb 2013, 07:19

Yes I am excited and fearing it as well. I have to do 2 enemas tomorrow morning before the operation. Image I will just have to grit my teeth and do it in order to get my butt fixed! Did you have to do the enemas and do you have any suggestions for pain relief since I can't take any painkillers? I figure I can sit in the bathtub and then apply the cream that was prescribed, Nifidipene or whatever it's called. I have a microwable heating wrap too to take in the car on the way.
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mamalucia » 03 Feb 2013, 08:17

I had to take a fleet enema at 5:30am because they said take it an hour before you leave for your appt. I had to call because I had to leave for the hospital at 6:30am to be there for 7 and I still hadn't released my bowel. The liquid from the enema came out but I never had a BM. They said it was ok as long as the liquid came out. So I went had the surgery and didn't have a BM till the following day. I was still pretty numb when I had it so I didn't feel much pain, but now I'm dreading the next one because I have feeling again and I haven't had one since the one Friday morning. After the surgery he gave me a RX for percocets I took 2 Thursday. One in the afternoon and one before bed just incase i bumped it a few times or moved the wrong way when I was sleeping. Haven't touched them since. I was on a nifedipine and lidocaine combo as well as a nitroglycerin and a couple other things combo before the surgery neither gave me any relief. My discharge instructions are as follows
Normal diet just add bran and extra fluids
Activity as tolerated
Bulk laxative one tblspn in 12 oz of water followed with another 12 oz 2x a day
Warm sitz bath 3-4x a day
Baby wipes for wiping NO TOILET PAPER
gauze dressing with neosporin or bacitracin placed firmly against the wound after baths or wiping
I think my case is rare because I've had no pain 48 hrs after surgery. I can feel it if I move to fast off of my chair or couch but I'm able to sit directly on it and everything. Hopefully it's the same for you or at least minimal/tolerable pain. Keep me updated and best of luck!!!
Last edited by Mamalucia on 03 Feb 2013, 08:22, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Typos
Mamalucia
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mamalucia » 11 Feb 2013, 07:25

Surgery was 12 days ago and I feel GREAT!! First 2 days were the worst and pain never went over a 1 on a 1-10 scale!! I still need to be careful with the wipes after a BM but I couldn't imagine it being any better then this!! My follow up is on the 15th where I plan on confronting my surgeon for performing a sphincterotomy with out my consent. Should be an interesting discussion!!
Mamalucia
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Jessjess » 11 Feb 2013, 08:07

That is great Mamalucia! I'm so glad that you are doing so well. Image
Image I'm not sure why you opted against the LIS. My surgeon was very PRO LIS in order to prevent any future fissures. I am very glad to have had it done as it is much easier to go the bathroom and I don't have to worry so much about getting another fissure!
I agree that performing the LIS without your consent was very wrong, but it may be a blessing in disguise for you. Image
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist