Opinions wanted in my scenario please!!!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Opinions wanted in my scenario please!!!

Postby Mamalucia » 06 Feb 2013, 20:24

Thursday January 31st 2013 I went for my fissurectomy. It was clearly stated on my paperwork I received the week before that that was the surgery I was to receive. 2 or 3 days ago while bathing I noticed a pea sized lump at the 9 o'clock position (AF is at the 6 o'clock position) so I called the office to see if they could let me know if it was normal or if it was a sign if infection. They told me to go in today so the dr could check it out to rule out infection but I'd have to see a different surgeon because mine is on vacation. Before the exam the surgeon spoke to me in his office and asked what was going on. I explained I had a fissurectomy and that I had noticed this lump. He looked at my file and mentioned sphincterotomy I said no I only had a fissurectomy he said in the notes on my chart my surgeon said he was going to do the fissurectomy and a sphincterotomy. so he mentioned that it may be a reaction to the stitches to which I replied I didn't have stitches he said well you might. And i Said no my surgeon told me before the surgery I wouldn't have stitches nor would the site be cauterized. He asked if I asked the surgeon about the procedure afterwards and I said no I never saw him after I was put under to which this guy was surprised and thought that was messed up. (totally agree btw) so the surgeon takes me to the exam room and the nurse gets me ready the dr checks and notices the fissurectomy site then sees the lump and mentions its normal after the sphincterotomy and should go away in a few weeks. Now this is where I'd like to hear your thoughts on the scenario. How do I confront my surgeon at my follow up on the 15th? What would be the nicest way for me to tell him he's an @$$hole for performing an additional surgery that I wasn't informed of before nor did I give consent for?
Mamalucia
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Re: Opinions wanted in my scenario please!!!

Postby Savaici » 06 Feb 2013, 21:25

Suggest that you get copies of your consent form and doctor's report. I stopped breathing under surgery a few years ago and obtained all the reports from the hospital that same day. Very useful. Good luck.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Re: Opinions wanted in my scenario please!!!

Postby Mamalucia » 07 Feb 2013, 06:37

Thank you!! I'm going to call today and ask that it all be put together for my appointment on the 15th
Mamalucia
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?