It feels like its never ending!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

It feels like its never ending!

Postby Keyluhlr13 » 07 Feb 2013, 18:59

Hello all!
I'm new at this so just bear with me please! :)
I'm 22 years old and all my life I've had problems with constipation. About two weeks ago I began feeling constipated but this time it was a little different I felt a sharp pain that was nearly unbearable! I thought maybe I had hemorrhoids, so I began treating myself with over the counter creams, I quickly realized this wasn't helping! So I went to the ER late one night, the doctor there told me I didn't have any type of hemorrhoids but he thought I might have fissures and referred me to see another doctor, the problem with this is I couldn't get an appointment until next week!! It doesn't matter how I sit, stand or lay I'm uncomfortable! I'm barely sleeping and for lack of a better word the pain just plain out stinks! I thought if maybe I could have a BM I would feel better, I took some laxatives and had two small BM's but still have the urge for more and can't go. It's like going to the bathroom hurts and not going to the bathroom hurts! I do find relief in soaking in the tub but after awhile even that stops helping!! I'm just miserable and sick and tired of being sick and tired! It's actually a bit depressing to not be able to even wash dishes without being in pain. Hopefully the doctor will find out the problem and help me get relief it's just waiting for the doctors appointment that sucks! Any advice on something that may help and help me sleep would be great! And thanks to all who read my rant! Lol! :) I just needed someone else to talk to I know my boyfriend, family and friends are probably sick of listening to me complain!
Keyluhlr13

Topics: 1

Re: It feels like its never ending!

Postby delasama » 07 Feb 2013, 21:33

I'm in the same boat as u. I have an appointment in month with a crs.he said to take miralax and Metamucil until I see him. Last week I felt like I was going to die even if I soaked in tub after bm. I take a cap full of miralax (17g) at breakfast and again at dinner.i also take one teaspoon of Metamucil at lunch. Eat soft foods too. I tried putting coconut oil and stuff in my butt,but I found Metamucil and miralax and eating soft foods really all that helped.miralax alone gave me diarrhea and Metamucil alone gave me bulky stool after a week. About a day or two after I started using both of them I instantly had two soft poops in mornings. I still hurt for a few days but was like heaven compared to last week. Then I had zero pain the last two days then today it hurt a little but the miralax saved my life! It's just tricky figuring out how much Metamucil o take so that you will have soft bm but no diarrhea . You have to drink lot of water when taking these though, because they work by drawing more water into your poop.i also squat when I poop which really helps.i stand on toilet seat and squat and balance by putting one hand on toilet behind me. Squatting helps empty your bowls fully and puts less pressure down there. You wanna get soft poops so that it can start healing. I waited months before I started eating soft and taking miralax and Metamucil and now I probably have lot of scar tissue on fissure which makes it harder to heal. I hope that helps.
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby delasama » 07 Feb 2013, 21:37

Also wetting the toilet paper with warm water feels really good
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby PIA » 07 Feb 2013, 23:03

Hi, sorry to hear you are in a lot of pain. There is lots of good info on this sight. Taking the time to read the posts also helps take your mind off things. As delasama has said it is most important to get consistant soft BMs. it can take days, sometimes weeks till things get consistant but if you can get your diet and BM under control you will be much more able to deal with any setbacks along the way. I think the Miralax ( movicol in Oz) is the one thing that brings relief for many of us.
for me I have a sachet (14g) in 150 ml water every mroning with breakfast. I have no hesitation in adding another sachet at night if a change my surroundings as I am very prone to constipation if I travel. It is most important for me to avoid constipation at all costs. I think (pray) I am on my way to healing but this is eight weeks since this new fissure was formed. Drink lots of water and fruit and veges. Avoid processed foods and the take-away diet. I have found good relief with the GTN ointment three times a day. Vaseline around area before BMs and warm baths after each BM and if the spasms are not relieved by GTN. I also used Ibrufren tabs to help relieve the pain...every day in the early stages but only a couple of times a week now. I also only use witch hazel soaked wipes for hygiene. I never put toilet paper near my butt these days as it is does irritate me.I meet with my CRS next Thursday and I think I may need to take his offer of Botox injections as even though the pain is less, the sphincter is still in spasm to some degree all the time. I think this is greatly compromising the ability of the fissure to heal. After 8 weeks I am at a stage where I think I could manage my life with this affliction if nothing changed but I just feel one set back due to diarrhoea or constipation could put me right back to the beginning. It is great to have this sight with people who fully understand your pain. take care xx Pia.
PIA
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby marg6043 » 08 Feb 2013, 11:02

Keyluhlr13, my dear, your pain and sorrows is what we "all" have experienced here in this forums in one way or the other due to fissures, do not lose your mind about it, for the contrary read and read and learn, inform yourself about fissures, how they are treated what works for some and no so for others and remember that many here have found a way to cope and even heal from them, be in natural way or with surgery.
Is life at the end of the long fissure tunnel, but remember fissures are unpredictable, they come and go, we just have to learn to make sure that we can live comfortable.
I like you believe fissures started for me earlier in life but never with properly diagnosed until now later in life, when it because unbearable.
Take your time to read the threads and find all the information you need to fight back.
And don't worry about making your friends and family sick of complaining I have done it and will keep doing it, because it helps release stress.
But at the same time work on how to make it better.
Fresh fissures are very painful and need treatment if they become chronic, get yourself a good colorectal doctor that will guide you on what is better for you.
I know it feels like is no end to the suffering specially when somebody so young as you, but hey life goes on with fissures or without them.
I hope you find something here in the forums that will help you and guide you.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8