aftercare information

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

aftercare information

Postby debs » 09 Feb 2013, 02:57

on 6th feb i had my surgery, i had a fissurectomy, botox injection and a partial hemmoroidectomy. The good news is that it wasnt as bad as i was expecting, there was no pain after at all. I was discharged the same day albeit late in the evening with no information about what i had done. The nurse didnt know what a partial hemmoroidectomy meant either, Anyway it is day three now and the bruising and soreness has arrived its bearable dont really need any paid relief, am still losing a bit of blood. I have managed to pass wind but not do a bowel movement although it is there. this morning i tried and only passed some blood clots, i know its me im too scared to push hard and have the movement. My gp advised me not to take lactulose or stool softeners but i have started yesterday because i really dont want the pain. Can anyone help. debs
debs
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: aftercare information

Postby owmybum » 09 Feb 2013, 03:59

I would take stool softeners for the time being.. Just to keep things as soft as possible so no further trauma is caused to the area. Remember to drink plenty of fluids.. Eat soft easy to digest foods and get lots of rest.
Hope you have a speedy recovery
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Re: aftercare information

Postby Jessjess » 09 Feb 2013, 11:21

My aftercare instructions were to continue with the stool softeners, and if constipated, take 2 tablespoons of Milk of Magnesia. I have not had to do this as I have not been constipated.
I added a Magnesium supplement to my daily vitamin regime and I have been taking Miralax as well as drinking a LOT OF WATER, and eating a couple of prunes at night. I am also taking Colace 100 mg three times a day. In the morning, I drink coffee to help get my bowels moving and at night, I drink some apple juice, both drinks being natural laxatives. My diet consists of fruits and vegatables and whole grains.
Hope this helps! Again, the Milk of Magnesia should clear up the constipation. And, my instructions also indicate that if the Milk of Magnesia doesn't work within 12 hours, then take 1 bottle of Citrate of Magnesia.
Last edited by Jessjess on 09 Feb 2013, 12:17, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added instructions to take Citrate of Magnesia
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?