This feels like hell

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

This feels like hell

Postby prunie » 18 Feb 2013, 17:23

Hi. Bit embarrassed about posting, but I am honestly at the end of my very short tether. I had a baby in October and since then I have repeated pains and problems. I think I have always suffered a bit from fissures, but they were sort of never a problem....certainly not painful and I could always go to the loo. I am now in a state of real distress with a little baby and the pain is so constant and bad I can barely sit. I am on Diltiazem Hydrochoride and been on it for 5 days....will this work? I see no change. The problem is my anus is so tight I can't even get a finger in to put the cream on. Is that normal????? I also can't seem to soften my poos. I am eating half a pack of prunes, taking about 40ml of lactolose a day, drinking prune juice, taking Senna tablets. How do I soften them? They still come out relatively hard. I am eating lots of veg (should I cut out all carbohydrates too???). As I am breastfeeding I'm really worried about taking all this stuff. Today I started taking magnesium tablets - how soon do you see a change? I am sitting here with tears as I am in such pain and don't know what to do. My doctors don't seem to care. I can see what looks like a blood blister and also a sort of skin tag/tear too. Is that normal? Should I do a sitz bath before I go to the loo??? I am trying to do sitz 2-3 times a day and they are the only thing that gives me a bit of comfort - although its tough with a little one who wants attention. Is there anything at all I can do to open up my bum to let the poo out? Anything at all? Any help at all, or just someone telling me it will eventually get better will make me feel less helpless.
prunie
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: This feels like hell

Postby marg6043 » 18 Feb 2013, 21:30

Sorry to hear you are having problems and with a littler one to take care off, but after reading your routine you are doing all you need to do, the only thing I can think about is breastfeeding, you need to drink water all day long as breastfeeding will dehydrate you a lot even when you feel fine, just increase your water intake as much as you can because you are putting a lot of stress on the body for the milk production.
The cream will work but take time just keep using it, do not stop.
Is plenty of information in the board to help you with any other concern and is other young mothers here that have the same problem and has posted their experiences.
I had the same problem after the birth of my first child 29 years ago, back then the doctor without checking on told me they were hems, to find out now that I don't even have hems to cause the anal problems I have now, they are fissures.
I hope things work for you and you can enjoy that baby.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby janucheekoo » 19 Feb 2013, 03:38

i am really sorry that you have to go through this. its a long process. but i have been through this. you have something called anal stenosis. its a muscles that pulled up.usually we can use ben gay on other muscles but here we can not. unfortunately. but we still can provide heat. those muscles need to relax. buy a heating pad and put under your leg as long as you can. then take it off do it as much you can. in morning use prune juice to breakup constipation. everything clean. must not provide pressure on those muscles.if the blood is coming not a problem.take ibu profin high dose only at bed time with milk.or take with food to ease the pain.it will not go away till these muscles will. relax.do not push do not sit straight, quit eating meat. chocolate. coffee, and white bred or rice. i will suggest heating pads on the anus works very good. take a muscle relaxtent from your doctor.its not a serious situation but pain is like hell.
hope you better soon please write back to let us know we are with you in this pain
janucheekoo
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby prunie » 19 Feb 2013, 14:07

Loving the sitz baths. Three today. One taken with my baby son on a rug next to me. Irony of it was, as I sat there scorching my bum because of the dreadful AF my son lay there and did the worlds most ginormous poo with a smile on his face! But it has been a better day. Still a lot of pain, but a bit more bearable. Praying all this works. Where else can I find hints on what to eat?
prunie
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby marg6043 » 19 Feb 2013, 15:05

Purnie I am glad you have some time to enjoy your beautiful littler even if he had a painful and happy poo. :D
Check the Diet Tips / Supplements in the board is plenty of healthfull information and tips for diet and dealing with fissures.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8