Leakage Problem!!!...pre-op!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Leakage Problem!!!...pre-op!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby themanthey » 18 Feb 2013, 18:00

hi there,
I've had a SUPERFICIAL (acute/not visible) for the last 4 years. At first, it wasn't much of a problem. It would get sore at times but heal again. I would also get leakage at times. This cycle would go on for months at a time.
I was using Ditalzem cream (anoheal) for it and it did a reasonably good job but the fissure would never fully heal. It also seemed to flare up days after drinking alcohol.
Nowadays, my diet has improved but my leakage problem has got worse. It seems like cycling, drinking moderate alcohol, or going to the toilet a few times in a day can cause very embarassing leakage down there.
I have tried cutting out all of the above irritants out of my diet and the leakage does improve a lot. BUT i'm not really enjoying my quality of life anymore!!!....i'm thinking of going for surgery....however, it won't be to reduce the pain like most people.....it will be hopefully to stop the leakage and get me back to normal.
what ya think??......any opinions or suggestions would be appreciated??
themanthey

Topics: 1