Botox without anaesthetic.

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Botox without anaesthetic.

Postby rachelmum24 » 20 Feb 2013, 08:14

I appreciate there is a lot on here about botox, however at my app today I have been given an appointment to go to a Fissure clinic and was told Botox is the next step, having had this for many years on and off and having tried many creams to no avail. However this is just injected at the appointment - I am scared! Does anyone have experience of it done this way? I asked if it was going to be painful and was told, no different to a diabetic injecting themself. Any advice or experiences appreciated please. thanks :(
rachelmum24

Topics: 2

Re: Botox without anaesthetic.

Postby hopefulbutt » 20 Feb 2013, 08:47

Rachel, I had botox without any anesthetic. I had irc done right before (as in minutes) for internal hemorrhoid. The irc (which is supposed to be painless) hurt way more than the botox did. For me it just felt like mosquito bites around my anus. It was uncomfortable but nothing like having a scope in that area. I asked how many units I got. 20. How many are you getting? It took a whole week for it to "kick" in. It has helped so much! I do still have some pain/discomfort if i have a larger bm. I still take 1/2 miralax daily. My only fear is when it runs out in 3 months. Good luck and go for it!
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40

Re: Botox without anaesthetic.

Postby rachelmum24 » 20 Feb 2013, 10:01

Aw thanks for the advice, the doc was very matter of fact I wasn't given any info at all just an app. So not sure on the units. Hope it helps. Got it in a couple of weeks time.
rachelmum24

Topics: 2