Pain and aching almost 2 months post-fissurectomy

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Pain and aching almost 2 months post-fissurectomy

Postby thefer74 » 11 Feb 2013, 20:51

Hi
On Dec 18th, I had surgery for an anal abscess, internal and external hemmorhoids and fistula. It was probably the most painful surgery that I have ever experienced in my life. I was on pain meds for the first 5-6 weeks. I just recently stopped taking 1/2 tab of percocet every am before my BM. Since my surgery, I had 2 retears. The outside is almost healed but it looks open on the opening. I suspect that it is still open inside. I still have to wear gauze because it occasionally bleeds.
During the last 3-4 days, the pain is back. I have alot of aching and dull pain. It almost feels like I am bruised on the inside. Weird to explain. Is this normal this far out? I also noticed that the pain picks up about 7-10 days before my period.
Thanks
Jennifer
thefer74
Salt Bather

Topics: 22

Re: Pain and aching almost 2 months post-fissurectomy

Postby Savaici » 20 Feb 2013, 20:01

Hi Jennifer,
Noticed that you have had no reply, but hope by now you will have spoken with the surgeon who performed your surgery.
Also, there are quite a few on the forum who have had the same things done as you, and if you do a search, you will find lots of information.
Sorry that you are in pain, and really hope that you will feel better soon. Image
Sav
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222