Hi fibber is a no no for me

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Hi fibber is a no no for me

Postby Guest » 24 Nov 2007, 06:44

Ok it is me again.
I hear every one talking about a high fiber diet to help in healing. but i alway's understood that you want to keep it as soft and small as you can, my experience with fiber is that it makes it bigger.
So when i take fiber all it does is rip it open again.
has anyone else have this experience,,, i just use mineral oil which seems to help me a lot.
God Bless
Marvin

Re: Hi fibber is a no no for me

Postby Deleted User 5 » 24 Nov 2007, 07:33

I have always advised people to not take extra fiber, to only get their RDA of fiber, and that means no fiber supplements unless you simply aren't getting enough fruits and veggies in your diet.
Fiber *is* important because constipation, which includes just *missing a day* creates hard stools which are really worse than large, soft stools.
So you are mostly right, in that you really shouldn't need to "take* fiber but you still need adequate amounts of it.
Speaking of mineral oil, I have been dipping my sandwich at night into some extra virgin olive oil, and have found that my stools are incredibly soft and slide out so easily...and the olive oil is much safer than the mineral oil...
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 24 Nov 2007, 07:41

I have been takeing minerl oil for 40 years now, and have had no problems,
but the sound of olive oil sound's good to me, i eat a lot of veg, and fruits, i don't eat meats mostly because of what is in them, I am a ferm believer that what is in our food's is what is causeing our fissure problem's, i don't think that we are getting the nutrints, that we should be getting , our body's are breaking down.
marvin

Postby Deleted User 5 » 24 Nov 2007, 08:57

Marvin,
If you take the mineral oil for extended periods, it will coat your intestinal walls and actually prevent the absorption of nutrients into your bloodstream. So be careful. My Dr. advised me strongly to never take it for more than 2-3 days at a time.
I agree that meats can be pretty badly contaminated with growth hormones, antibiotics and all kinds of other bad stuff!! And too much meat is definitely not good if you have a fissure. Here's a humorous website that many meat-eaters should visit (at first it just seems like a spoof of The Matrix but it quickly gets down to the "meat" of how badly contaminated meat products can be):
Click on the first video...
http://www.themeatrix.com/
Deleted User 5

Postby buttgirl » 26 Nov 2007, 11:05

Olive oil oes me no good where the fissure is concerned. It just absorbes in my intestines, making me fatter but not happier....
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Deleted User 5 » 26 Nov 2007, 11:27

Hi Chris,
I actually want to gain a little weight, I dropped two pounds below my safe weight a couple weeks ago! As soon as I started using the olive oil, my stools did get "looser" and easier to pass, but I could never be sure if the oil caused that or not, but it was the only major change in my diet..
Deleted User 5

Postby buttgirl » 26 Nov 2007, 12:09

It sounds delicious, and I do enjoy a good dip. Have you tried dipping bread into a mix of olive oil with your favorite herbs soaked in it and balsamic vinegar. It's delicious. I bet it would be REALLY good dipping a turkey sandwich in that. In fact, I think I figured out what I am having for lunch....
Poo-wise...I've heard that EVOO wokrs well for others. It just hasn't done anything for me. Flax oil doesn't do anything for me either, poo-wise, but it does make my skin a little nicer. The only oil that has noticiable effect for me is evening primrose oil. It doesn't have a big effet on my poo, but it helps keep down inflammation, both for my rosacea and my rear.
Mscwell, perhaps you just need to find the right fiber. It took me a couple of years, but I finally found one that works for me. grain fibers did not and methylcellulose was only OK. The fiber that works for me is called glucomannan and it can be found at health food stores. I get mine in a supplement called Digestive Advantage Chronic Constipation Therapy. It has a probiotic as well. I have been using it for abut a month and a half now and am realy happy with it.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 26 Nov 2007, 16:17

Chris, I am not much of a chef...but I have been dipping my sandwich in the Olive Oil. Pure EVOO does indeed need a little extra herbal oomph added, I've been taking mine straight... :shock:
Deleted User 5

Postby happyass » 27 Nov 2007, 06:57

ah someone has been watching Rachael Ray!!!! :-)
i love adding oregano, basil, rosemary, and/or thyme and a dash of salt and pepper to my EVOO when i use it to have some fresh, hot multigrain baguettes with grapes and a glass of grape or cranberry juice.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby buttgirl » 27 Nov 2007, 10:55

yum, yum, yum...
buttgirl
King Fissure

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion