Question about weight training and fissure?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Question about weight training and fissure?

Postby Unknown1 » 24 Feb 2013, 18:50

Hello all,
I think this is the best website ever :). I have seen a surgeon for my fissure and she gave me C-Nifedipine 0.2% ointment. I have been using it 3 times a day for the past 2 months and I think it the sphincher is getting much loser. Now my question is, when can I start doing light bicep and shoulder exercises and not stop the improvement of my fissure? Also if you could tell me which positions to use (on a bench or standing up) I would really appreciate it. I will only use 20lbs dumbles so it is nothing too heavy.
Thank you all in advance!
Unknown1

Topics: 2

Re: Question about weight training and fissure?

Postby marg6043 » 24 Feb 2013, 20:02

Welcome to the board, I am an avid exerciser and also have to deal with fissure, when my fissure was fresh and very painful, I still did the exercises, if didn't I would have lost my mind.
When it came to pain I just took ibuprofen to ease the pain, I had to stop the leg workout because every time I did leg weights the fissure will be very sore and painful.
When it came to my upper body weight training I also had to lower the weights and just increase the reps.
Now I also do zumba and I still did that as schedule with pain or not.
Recently after 8 months since my fissure and 2 without the pain and spams, I started to increase the weights to pre fissure and to my surprise I experienced some mild irritation right after the workout.
I will try again and see if it happen again.
Now, I can not longer sit on an incline bench I found out that the position of the seat will made the fissure very sore, so I just do what I can standing up.
I hope this help. I guess it depends on what you can do and how much you are willing to suffer after the workout, I stick with mine and I did what I could and still do.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby coconut » 24 Feb 2013, 20:55

That's an interesting question. I find that exercise makes things better, spasm wise. My fissure is deep, so maybe its different?
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby marg6043 » 25 Feb 2013, 07:13

Yes coconut exercises increases the blood flow to the anal area that is so needed for the fissure to heal and feel better, but when the fissure is fresh is nothing to ease that horrible pain and spams.
Then things starts to get better. Even walking on a stationary machine will help a lot.
Also if you have high tolerance to pain you will be able to stand more than somebody that do not it all depends.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8