3 Words: PAIN BEYOND PAIN.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

3 Words: PAIN BEYOND PAIN.

Postby LivelyLucy » 26 Feb 2013, 05:00

Hey guys. Its been a while since ive been on here since my last fissure cleared up after a couple days
But the week after another has come back,and i literally feel like i cant handle the pain,its like being kicked in the butt daily..
Anyway. Everytime lately i do use the cream but at work i dont have the privacy and luxury of it at work..
I havent taken my Movicol because i fear if i take it too late ill wake up to..yeah. You know..
But yeah,with this. Work and home im just finding it hard to cope and this AF has almost reduced me to tears,I fear my BMs for goodness sake!
I really need some tips because its just ruining me everytime and i just wish i could sort it properly (No surgery though.. Unless thats my last resort) Image
LivelyLucy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: 3 Words: PAIN BEYOND PAIN.

Postby GGky1959 » 26 Feb 2013, 12:29

LivelyLucy wrote:Hey guys. Its been a while since ive been on here since my last fissure cleared up after a couple days
But the week after another has come back,and i literally feel like i cant handle the pain,its like being kicked in the butt daily..
Anyway. Everytime lately i do use the cream but at work i dont have the privacy and luxury of it at work..
I havent taken my Movicol because i fear if i take it too late ill wake up to..yeah. You know..
But yeah,with this. Work and home im just finding it hard to cope and this AF has almost reduced me to tears,I fear my BMs for goodness sake!
I really need some tips because its just ruining me everytime and i just wish i could sort it properly (No surgery though.. Unless thats my last resort) Image

Dear, I wish with all my heart we all had "unified solutions" on how to combat thing nightmare Af, but we don't. Like most, we try the ideas put forth by others and then we pray. I've been on these boards non stop for about a month, praying for solutions that work and finally I get the Nitro treatment and the headaches are just too horrendous to mention at times, another solution I thought would work....and friend, just when you think surgery will help, comes another comment, that it didn't work.....all I can say is read up on ideas here, cross your fingers and hope for the best....and yes, dear...the pain is just omg.....just too much and well understand and can feel you.
Good luck, I wish I could have been of more help!!
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby owmybum » 26 Feb 2013, 12:38

Hi Lucy, and I'm sorry to hear you are finding this so unbearable right now.
I would definatly start taking the movicol regularly again. It will help to keep your bms soft and easier to pass.
Use your cream as often as you can... Just take some supplies in a bag to work with you... Wipes, creams, Vaseline, painkillers etc and when you need the bathroom take the bag along with you. Who's to know what's in it?!
Try to drink plenty of fluids throughout the day.
When you are home try and have a relaxing warm bath when you can.
Read up on the posts here on what works for others. Through trial and error you will find a routine that works for you.
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby dangading » 27 Feb 2013, 20:40

Hi Lucy,
I've been suffering from my fissure since October and I think it's a cronic fissure. Diltiazem and Nitroglycerin have really helped with the pain but haven't healed me completely. I may have to get surgery. Another thing that really makes me have better bm's is a combo of miralax and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil or olive oil before bed. Poop just falls right out. Like I said though, I'm not healing completely:( sad face
Heal fissure, heal!
-Dangading
dangading
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby marg6043 » 27 Feb 2013, 21:33

dangading, I agree with you, once the fissure is chronic it may take long months or years to truly heal and sometimes is just gets more manageable until you get a set back and then only surgery can help.
I am just having the same problems, now 8 month later and two months feeling great a minor set back.
With the set backs surgery seems like the best solution, but only if you are a lucky one that will come out with a success story.
I keep the oils flowing so much that sometimes I just be seeping out nothing but oil in my stools and staining my undies, still it does makes the BMs a breeze with less irritation.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby nurseebol » 27 Feb 2013, 23:09

I take tons of stuff to work with me, and most know why I am in there forever, they are fine with it. At least I am not in there doing drugs
nurseebol
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby Kinkypoodle » 19 Sep 2015, 10:42

Hi I do shoulder stands downward dog back bends over chairs and the pains gone less than a minute and a half!I may have to do about 40 in the morning though.
Kinkypoodle

Topics: 1